25 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
mandrake_2132 says

Hi community !

I’m curious what’s your opinion about full background photo websites. Mine is like that too. You can visit in on my profile. Please come with some arguments why you like it or why you don’t.

Have a nice day!

1050 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I like them too, but only when photo ratio is correctly set, for all computers and devices. There are some websites with full photo backgrounds and photos look so blurry or unclear in certain monitor widths!

1055 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Alexlasek says

I like websites with photo backgrounds but only when photos are really good, sharp and hi-res. Then they look awesome :)

25 posts
+3 more
mandrake_2132 says

What about mine, guys? :)

41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
jk000jk says

the bg looks OK, but site looks like a stock theme. I don’t know what’s with the trend with hover effects on boxes but I never saw them on a serious successful website, and I don’t think it impresses anyone, except kids maybe.

1050 posts
+6 more
greenline says

It looks nice, but if I were you, I would have changed the shoes background with something nicer (buldings, nature, an office, etc) . Also, the menu bullet-listed looks a bit out of trends, just take a look at themeforest themes to see some great menus. There are also some great menus here on codecanyon which you can buy for only 3-4$. Also take a look at contact for the contact forms available here on codecanyon, yours goes to a blank new page when fields are empty. Overall what I like most is the energizing, fresh yellow logo.

25 posts
+3 more
mandrake_2132 says

It looks nice, but if I were you, I would have changed the shoes background with something nicer (buldings, nature, an office, etc) . Also, the menu bullet-listed looks a bit out of trends, just take a look at themeforest themes to see some great menus. There are also some great menus here on codecanyon which you can buy for only 3-4$. Also take a look at contact for the contact forms available here on codecanyon, yours goes to a blank new page when fields are empty. Overall what I like most is the energizing, fresh yellow logo.

Thanks for your opinion :) Can you please tell me a little bit more detailed what ideea for the menu you have? :) Thanks.

1050 posts
+6 more
greenline says

I’m afraid I cannot post (forum rules) links to individual items, but if you take a look at the latest entries on the themeforest page, you’ll see some great examples of vertical menus. In your menu, what does not look so modern is that bullet look of list menu items and if you you improve that, the website will look much much better.

1499 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I think one thing you should do is add this to the end of all your links coming into envato: &ref=WebSmacker :)

Joking aside I saw a link or two that you are referencing an item on the marketplaces, but you didn’t add your referral link. You could miss some potential referral income so add it :)

25 posts
+3 more
mandrake_2132 says

I’ve updated the background image. What do you think now?

by
by
by
by
by
by