841 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Hi!

I’d like to solicit some advice from this great community about what I can do to my tracks to make them more commercially viable. I’ve posted links to my my last two tracks here for critiquing, as they have not had any sales so far. The first is new, the second is 6 months old.

Intense Epic War Trailer

Dark Cinematic Trailer 1

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks, Gari

866 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

Hi Gari -

I listened to both tracks and both are fine compositions. No problems there as far as I am concerned. You are certainly not doing anything “wrong”.

For the first one, the newer one, that trumpet vibrato is very wide, to the point of being a distraction, especially if this is going to be used as background music. It just sticks out too much.

In the second one, I think the guitar sounds a bit out of the mix shortly after the 2 minute mark. I would pull it back a bit. In fact, I might even pull it out because it really doesn’t seem to play a significant part in the track.

The other thing is that both are rather long tracks for production music, nearly three minutes, so the number of viable applications would be fewer than if the tracks were closer to a minute or two.. Both can certainly be edited, but, if I am looking to buy something for a 2 minute or 1 minute application, I would probably look for something that would require less editing.

You certainly have been successful with the vast majority of your portfolio. I really enjoyed both tracks and hope this helps!

Michael

841 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Thanks for he feedback Michael. I’ve tweaked the first track, and updated the item with variations to see if that has an positive affect.

866 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

My pleasure, Gari. Regardless of the sales, I wouldn’t worry about it much. You write some fine stuff. Looking forward to listening to more of it.

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
RedAudioUK says

Hi,

I just took a listen to the Intense Epic War Trailer. The only thing I’d change is the amount of big crash cymbals being used, I think it’d have more effective if you took some out so they’re not playing every 2nd bar. Other than that, great work! Enjoyed listening.

by
by
by
by
by
by