405 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

Hi guys, Please give your feed back on this theme that got rejected. any info is considered highly valuable. Thank you demo

57 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
dalennea says

I think that you have a real good start ! I am going to itemize some of the things that I noticed that perhaps can be looked into and I am sure that even more qualified persons on the board will chime in also:

1. The logo header is carrying the “date” that is even larger than the logo itself (perhaps you can relocate that and make it less impactful and away from the logo area)

2. On the right side of the site at the logo area there are 4 icons which are also large that can be shrunken down and placed out of the logo area.

3. The logo can use a little work

4. I am not sure that ‘mustard’ backgrounds around the text is the ‘flavor’ color of the month. Perhaps losing the boxes all together could highlight the typography a little more.

5. Where the “People” category sits on your front page adjacent to that is showing code for your “H2” header and that is not showing up… You might want to look into that.

6. Under featured “videos” you have a “1 , 2” there with a black background that is associated with it… I think that those are supposed to be arrows ?

7. Also I have noticed that on other pages that the text also changes style… I think it could be better suited to be consistent in the style.

8. Items seem a little crowded on the page… with the important things sitting on the left side and the right side being filled with almost the same amount of digital real-estate. Perhaps lessening your columns on the left side and adding more horizontal lines on the content will help with readability and flow.

9. Also on the footer you are using the same icons that you have above on the header… perhaps the ones on the header can reflect the same size as the footer for consistency.

I thought that I would write what I saw at 1st blush as I have really not dived into the content. It looks as a great start and I am sure that you will get other helpful input from others on the board….. Keep up the great work!!

405 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

I think that you have a real good start ! I am going to itemize some of the things that I noticed that perhaps can be looked into and I am sure that even more qualified persons on the board will chime in also:

1. The logo header is carrying the “date” that is even larger than the logo itself (perhaps you can relocate that and make it less impactful and away from the logo area)

2. On the right side of the site at the logo area there are 4 icons which are also large that can be shrunken down and placed out of the logo area.

3. The logo can use a little work

4. I am not sure that ‘mustard’ backgrounds around the text is the ‘flavor’ color of the month. Perhaps losing the boxes all together could highlight the typography a little more.

5. Where the “People” category sits on your front page adjacent to that is showing code for your “H2” header and that is not showing up… You might want to look into that.

6. Under featured “videos” you have a “1 , 2” there with a black background that is associated with it… I think that those are supposed to be arrows ?

7. Also I have noticed that on other pages that the text also changes style… I think it could be better suited to be consistent in the style.

8. Items seem a little crowded on the page… with the important things sitting on the left side and the right side being filled with almost the same amount of digital real-estate. Perhaps lessening your columns on the left side and adding more horizontal lines on the content will help with readability and flow.

9. Also on the footer you are using the same icons that you have above on the header… perhaps the ones on the header can reflect the same size as the footer for consistency.

I thought that I would write what I saw at 1st blush as I have really not dived into the content. It looks as a great start and I am sure that you will get other helpful input from others on the board….. Keep up the great work!!

Thank you very much for taking the time and going into the minor details. I will make the corrections and try to re submit. Once again thank you very much.

by
by
by
by
by
by