When buying a theme, why are the psd files included? I mean, what’s the point, how is it useful? Once the theme is installed and up and running, then the psd files are of no use…right?
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
Some authors work on the design (.PSD) of a theme and release it for sale here, under the PSD category. Then, they convert it to HTML and release it also for sale, under the HTML category. Lastly, when they deliver the WP theme, they include both these products into the WP product, as it might be of use when customizing something for a client.
This will not apply to all authors, but it’s the full chain extent of why PSD (and HTML ) might be included in a WP theme purchase (or .PSD files within a HTML purchase).