3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

Hey there everyone. I don’t usually ask this question to anybody. Very few of the times I’ve got trojans or spywares lately and I had successfully kicked them out of my system. But since it takes much time to pull it out manually and regarding the work I’m actually having nowadays, I guess it’s time to rely on something.

So I’ll take any advices. I’ve used quite many of the anti-trojans, anti-spywares, and anti-virus in past. The main problem is resource use. Those are really big resource hoggers and usually end up hanging my PC (That’s why I stopped using them a long ago). The only useful I’ve found till date is Trojan Remover but that’s whole another story why I stopped using it. So if you could help me out, I’d really appreciate it. :)

Please, no resource hoggers. Or am I out of luck in this case?

Edit: Mods, if you don’t like this in the all marketplace, you can surely remove it to offtopic.

374 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rohan says

On the PC, Kaspersky Anti Virus.

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Well… I use a Mac, and I aint never got no virus. But recently I got a scare so I downloaded 3 different anti-virus spyware apps for the Mac. Now I only use one called, Norton anti-virus. But I aint all that sure that its not a resource hogger. But it can be used for PC and Mac. Each has their own version.

It blocks vulnerabilities when searching the web constantly, I’ve noticed.

178 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
JinWook says

I use Kaspersky internet security. I bought it last year after reading some good reviews and I’ve been impressed. It runs nicely in the background using about 30 meg of memory. Comes with a great virus scan, firewall various monitors (email etc) and has regular virus definition updates. So far I haven’t one got a virus this year. The only thing I’m not too complimentary about is it’s interface, especially the way it tracks and logs it’s reports. Can’t understand it at all, it’s like reading Greek (or Russian).

For constant adware and spyware checks I use Adaware: http://download.cnet.com/3001-8022_4-10045910.html?spi=fa01051a5c9d5f5fba561ca7ad045add&part=dl-ad-aware

You can get Kaspersky IS for about $50, maybe cheaper. Adaware is free.

2233 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

Seriously, use ESET Smart Security 4.0 – I have used it for over 2-3 years now, and it has protected me from very nasty sites.

On a ranking, I would say Kasp. follows after SSecurity, so both are excellent, although SSecurity is much lighter and faster.

That’s my opinion, and I’d suggest you also keep yourself updated by checking online anti-malware rankings, which change almost weekly.

Good luck :)

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
shoxite says

Hey Raincutter,

I am sure there are a few good ones out there. Never really used Kaspersky before, but heard great things about it. DO NOT USE SPYWARE TERMINATOR ! Yes It is free, but is sucks. I had it for the past 3 months on my PC and everything was going good, until I get this virus which wouldn’t let me click anything on my desktop and I couldn’t access anything even by keyboard (horrible experience). Went to safe mode and did a full scan and nothing. I think their “definitions” are old. Also, that Crawler browser plugin that installs with Spyware Terminator is pretty annoying and useless. Anyways some might argue and say well just because it didn’t find one virus it’s not bad, I say “a virus/spyware isn’t useful when it won’t fix you’re problem when you need it”. Anyways, AVG is what I am using right now. I downloaded it through their website and it got rid of the problem right away. It has a fantastic firewall option too. I’m pretty satisfied and I absolutely hate restoring my PC. I had Norton and Mcafee a long time ago, but I can’t stand them because they are always requiring you to go and purchase a new software everytime they release a new version software. So I stopped using them a longtime ago. I would love to hear what people are also using here in envato. Maybe there is something better????

BTW , Microsoft a few months ago released a free anti-virus software for all of their Windows 7/Windows Vista users. You might want to check it out:

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

412 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+5 more
patrickjansen says

McAfee Internet Security, triple license about $50 a year. So far pretty happy with it, never seemed to slow down my computers as far as I noticed.

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
shoxite says
Well… I use a Mac, and I aint never got no virus. But recently I got a scare so I downloaded 3 different anti-virus spyware apps for the Mac. Now I only use one called, Norton anti-virus. But I aint all that sure that its not a resource hogger. But it can be used for PC and Mac. Each has their own version. It blocks vulnerabilities when searching the web constantly, I’ve noticed.

:o 3 different anti-virus spyware apps at the same time??? Thats crazy man. I guess it’s like wearing 3 Trojans for that extra protection :P .

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says
Well… I use a Mac, and I aint never got no virus. But recently I got a scare so I downloaded 3 different anti-virus spyware apps for the Mac. Now I only use one called, Norton anti-virus. But I aint all that sure that its not a resource hogger. But it can be used for PC and Mac. Each has their own version. It blocks vulnerabilities when searching the web constantly, I’ve noticed.
:o 3 different anti-virus spyware apps at the same time??? Thats crazy man. I guess it’s like wearing 3 Trojans for that extra protection :P .

yeah, I only downloaded the 3 different ones because I wanted to see which one was the best to use. All 3 can search specific files. I currently only use the last one I downloaded, which came with my internet service. I thought I had a file that had a virus in it. But I was wrong. But it was just to be safe. Mac firewalls are really very good.

332 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

I use AVG . I used to use Norton, but for some reason..it just annoyed me so I went to AVG :P

by
by
by
by
by
by