• Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I always just use free stuff, then went i get a virus i just get rid of it, most viruses are very simple and easy to predict as they install in very similar areas and try to the same takes as other so once you had a few they become very easy to get rid of.

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says
I always just use free stuff, then went i get a virus i just get rid of it, most viruses are very simple and easy to predict as they install in very similar areas and try to the same takes as other so once you had a few they become very easy to get rid of.

The free stuff are usually virus scanners which get viruses out of your system once they are in. You want a package that keeps the stuff out. Viruses aren’t the least of your worries though, the chances of picking up spyware or receiving a network attack is bigger. A virus will get in if you allow it to (e.g. downloads/attachments). Network attacks and spyware happen unannounced.

444 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
TahaH-Studio says

Norton 360 v4 is pretty good, It doesn’t slow down your pc and optimum security :D

2671 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says
Guys, for Windows there is Microsoft Security Essentials. You don’t need anything more than that. Remove all the 3rd party crap and install only that thing. It’s free and from Microsoft.

It amazing how few people know about this. Install it and you will forget its even running, excellent free software.

by
by
by
by
by
by