14 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
KotaroDesign says

Good evening everyone,

I would love to finish my latest design and submit it to the WordPress category of themeforest, but unfortunately I am not entirely sure about the requirements or even the standards of the marketplace. Firstly I have already created the index page, portfolio, services, about and blog, but is anything else absolutely necessary, such as a link leading to a profile of each staff member (if it is a corporate theme). In addition regarding the slider, how fancy must the slider be and may I use the same slider in my other projects as well, if I have the proper license? So far I have seen some authors creating around 5 or even more themes that run on the same main code, slider, shortcodes and even structure, just the styling of either the font and other elements varie, hence leading to the question if I may use some elements again in future works. Now shortcodes seem to be loved, so how many shall I add approximately and what should they include?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

2180 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

Hi , i have poor wp skills but i think this can be helpful

http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

1148 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

So far I have seen some authors creating around 5 or even more themes that run on the same main code, slider, shortcodes and even structure, just the styling of either the font and other elements varie, hence leading to the question if I may use some elements again in future works.

You’ll find that the first time you create a theme from scratch you end up writing a lot of code that can be reused for your second theme. The admin panel can probably be reused, as can most of the shortcodes and widgets. A lot of the templates will likely be the same, such as the index, page, search, 404, etc. I bet you could submit the same theme 10 times and just change the stylesheet and the name.

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
KotaroDesign says

Hi , i have poor wp skills but i think this can be helpful

http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

I was not asking for the method of converting a HTML & CSS website into WordPress, but instead the requirements for the theme at this marketplace.

So far I have seen some authors creating around 5 or even more themes that run on the same main code, slider, shortcodes and even structure, just the styling of either the font and other elements varie, hence leading to the question if I may use some elements again in future works.
You’ll find that the first time you create a theme from scratch you end up writing a lot of code that can be reused for your second theme. The admin panel can probably be reused, as can most of the shortcodes and widgets. A lot of the templates will likely be the same, such as the index, page, search, 404, etc. I bet you could submit the same theme 10 times and just change the stylesheet and the name.

That definitely makes sense, well and the stylesheet is what matters anyhow. May I ask, if I may also use the same slider a few times?

by
by
by
by
by
by