22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WiredThemes says

Great thread. Interesting to see the ThemeFusion guys tasted 8 rejections before the success of Avada. We hope to tell a similar story in 6-12 months ;)

916 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

I will cut to the chase, 2007-2012.

(text missing)

I really don’t have a clue what to do next apart from finding a pub, l suppose l should go and watch some funny videos, read some horoscopes, that may make some sense out of this!

Funny most horoscopes say that 2013 is supposed to be a great financial year for me, so far apart from a glimmer of hope it has been the worst!

Shane

At least you still have your sense of humour intact, and you write well, and it sounds like you are young enough to keep starting again, which is really just the story of life. When i look back at my first few rejections i console myself that i provided the GR review team with a good laugh; if you got as close as a soft rejection then it really is worthwhile to work on something similar, slowly learning from this forum, fellow authors and the support team, what you need to improve. Good luck Shane.

177 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
tmcom says

I will cut to the chase, 2007-2012.

(text missing)

I really don’t have a clue what to do next apart from finding a pub, l suppose l should go and watch some funny videos, read some horoscopes, that may make some sense out of this!

Funny most horoscopes say that 2013 is supposed to be a great financial year for me, so far apart from a glimmer of hope it has been the worst!

Shane
At least you still have your sense of humour intact, and you write well, and it sounds like you are young enough to keep starting again, which is really just the story of life. When i look back at my first few rejections i console myself that i provided the GR review team with a good laugh; if you got as close as a soft rejection then it really is worthwhile to work on something similar, slowly learning from this forum, fellow authors and the support team, what you need to improve. Good luck Shane.

Thanks, joiaco, yeah, no point that others are not entertained by my rant!

I got a soft rejection initially, then overhauled it all, since if l had make the changes the mods wanted, l wouldn’t really have very much of a product left.

I also added some background layers as well, which could have been the reason it ended up in the bin?

Maybe the layers weren’t memorable or adding something new, was it, or the text not being straight or too small in some places, etc on the review page?

I thought that l addressed their concerns, but l seemed to create a bigger one, and the thought of trying something similar scares me, (last thing l want is to get suspended, because l submitted some part of it again, without being totally sure the “mystery concern” hasn’t been addressed).

But from what they have told me, l can’t resubmit. But l may develop some parts of it, in the future? Although without sales stats to back it up, it may be forever in the bin! Sniff! :0.

I will at this point lick my wounds, have a bottle of Jack Daniels on standby, (although l don’t drink, so a large block of chocolate will do) and find something as good or better!

I will probably keep away from, “see spot run” formats and go for executive styles instead. Should more or less keep everyone happy!

But putting up the original review page on the forums, so members can offer some feedback, might be good if it still has some kind of a chance?

Shane

PS interesting designs, thanks.

3699 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

@tmcom Sure, you can post your items in item discussion and get some feedback. The rule is you have to have changed something significantly on the item before you resubmit.

177 posts
+1 more
tmcom says

@tmcom Sure, you can post your items in item discussion and get some feedback. The rule is you have to have changed something significantly on the item before you resubmit.

So, you are saying l could send it in again after letting members tell me what l did wrong, and making those changes?

In all honesty small changes to the sales page and possibly getting rid of the background layers and possibly making the transparent layers more transparent, are the only things l can think of?

But l probably don’t have much to lose by trying, so l will give it some serious thought.

Thanks!

Shane

3699 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

So, you are saying l could send it in again after letting members tell me what l did wrong, and making those changes?

In all honesty small changes to the sales page and possibly getting rid of the background layers and possibly making the transparent layers more transparent, are the only things l can think of?

But l probably don’t have much to lose by trying, so l will give it some serious thought.

Thanks!

Shane

Getting some fresh sets of eyes on a design can be a good thing! :)

169 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
themique says
  • 1999 – Start my own company
  • 1999 to 2005 – Working on web hosting and custom web designing + developing.
  • 2006 – Planning for my own CMS software.
  • 2006 to 2012 – Adding features to my CMS and selling it and supporting and upgrading and selling again and …
  • 2012 (Last Days of) – Found out that if I focus my time and energy on ThemeForest, I can get more from working and marketing my own CMS.
  • 7 months ago – Planning for my first theme on TF.
  • From 7 months ago to Now – Working 13 hours/day on my theme.
  • Next week – Submit my theme to TF.
  • 3 days after that: My theme will get approve.
  • 8 days after that: My theme will get a place in Popular Items.
  • Another week after that: My theme will be #1 in the Popular Items :D
  • 6 months later: I’ve got so many badges including Elite Author and …
  • A year after tomorrow: My account will turn to a Power Elite Author
  • 2 years from now: Me and my partner will be flown First Class to Melbourne, greeted at the airport by the Envato CEO, and brought to the office to be greeted by the entire HQ team.
  • 2 hours later: I will have a desk at the office for a week should I choose to come in and work with the team at HQ.
  • 2 days later from the previous day: I will be awarded a plaque at a special dinner ceremony with the Envato team.

Oh… What a great dream :nerdy:
8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

^ great dream, hope you see it come to fruition ;)

177 posts
+1 more
tmcom says
Getting some fresh sets of eyes on a design can be a good thing! :)

Yep, set it up here, couldn’t get the images to show up, so this is the best l can do, (if you know how to embed Dropbox images please let me know).

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/soft-to-hard-reject-l-am-scratching-my-head-over-what-l-did/100947

243 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+3 more
glutenfree4u says

Heres my stage since i joined envato
  • 1. Register
  • 2. Took the test
  • 3. Uploaded first item
  • 4. Rejected
  • 5. Fraustrated
  • 6. Got motived again
  • 7. Uploaded another design
  • 8. Rejected again
  • 9. Fraustrated again
  • 10. Got motivated again
  • 11. Uploaded another design
  • 12. Rejected again
  • 13. Fraustrated again
  • 14. Got motivated again
  • 15. Uploaded another design
  • 16. Rejected again
  • 17. Fraustrated again
  • 18. Got motivated again
  • 19. Uploaded another design
  • 20. Rejected again
  • 21. Fraustrated again
  • 22. Got motivated again
And So on and on and on, but i will never give up.

XD Same here, just can’t get that VideoHive item accepted.

Then again, looking back on them they were pretty bad…

by
by
by
by
by
by