• Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
glutenfree4u says

I’ve been looking around Photodune and have seen some items that look more as if they belong on GraphicRiver, what is the extent to which we should use photoshop?

some “Photos” look like a gift card print where 1 sunflower has just been C&P’ed around the edges!

I think on photodune, photoshop should be used for image correction, not Creation, if your creating, then post to GraphicRiver… that’s my personal opinion.

is there a post outlining such guidelines? thanks

94 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
silent47 says

I really like to create compositions so what you sugest is not to good for me

4 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sweden
Putte says

I kinda agree with glutenfree4u.

Photodunes should be more restrictive of the content. If it´s not a Photo it should be in the GraphicRiver Instead. The same goes for Photoshop manipulated photos (of course not for image corrections) You can have compositions in a photo but if you cut and paste stuff in, add vector graphics etc its not a photo any more… its a Graphic doc ergo Graphics river.

94 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
silent47 says

Soo.. from what you both say,this is not a photo and is not belong to photodune,correct? http://photodune.net/item/online-business/960608

4 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sweden
Putte says

Correct! From my opinion, its not a photo its a good graphic pice, that belongs in Graphic River.

I think you´ll find more customers willing to by this art at Graphic River

Just my opinion – when I need that typical editorial material I always go to GR.

Cheers

69 posts
  • Australia
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
jesshooper says

Hello all!

Our general guidelines are available here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/362/53/is-my-submission-more-suitable-for-graphicriver-or-photodune

The basic gist of it is that we’d like for submissions to GraphicRiver to be editable items that are designed to be used as part of a wider design, while items on PhotoDune should be useful as standalone images that require little to no editing. Or, as a Marketplace user put it, items on GraphicRiver are for graphic designers, while PhotoDune sells finished products that appeal to the print/web/advertising industry at large.

Authors may sell similar items on both Marketplaces, so long as they meet the separate criteria. Authors whose works are primarily digital in creation could sell individual elements as GraphicRiver items, and then incorporate those elements into a finished piece for PhotoDune.

Hopefully that clears up the confusion! We’re always open to feedback, so if you have any other questions please let me know.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
ascap says

Thank you for that reply! I’m newly signed up, and before I submit any photos for portfolio review and for sale, I wanted to have a better understanding with Photoshop usage.

by
by
by
by
by
by