• Beta Tester
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
adriantry Staff says

It’s our seventh birthday, and we’re reminiscing. I’ve asked seven people from the Marketplace team about the most inspiring moments in the Marketplaces from the last seven years.

You can find their thoughts here: What Are the Most Inspiring Envato Marketplace Moments of All Time?

What about you? How did you discover Envato? Which events and milestones have inspired you most over the years? Let us know here, or in the comments on the post.

1429 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Greetings Adrian,

I discovered Envato through DeviantArt. I was searching for some Photoshop brushes I will incorporate in a design of a book I ghost wrote. When I followed the Graphicriver link, I was thrilled seeing the top authors then and how many sales they achieved.

My greatest moment and for sure one of the events that motivated me to invest my knowledge and time on add-ons was the enormous and amazing feedbacks and the feature I got when I released ‘HDR Legendary Image Action. I cannot forget how I jumped around the house each time I get a sale. It was remarkable and gave me great joy. In addition, these delightful memories still motivate me till this day.

111 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Sandi says

Most inspiring moments… they happen every time then i receive super-puper positive responses from buyers ;) Makes me feel better and create something great :)

689 posts Theme20.com
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+2 more
T20 says

1/5 years ago when i searching for psd files in deviantart, many links redirect to graphicriver, when i saw top authors in graphicriver, I decided upload my works on graphicriver. :)

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

I remember being really inspired by this item by in the day:

http://activeden.net/item/mosaic-gallery-generator/59581

I was also always inspired by Bitfade and Rimmon. Every time those guys uploaded something it was a must see!
5753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

5 years back, I was visiting here occasionally for purchasing 3D Flash galleries or to see the previews pointed by clients for their projects. It happened that I repeatedly visit the portfolio of single author RimV . It was a gate opener for me to think about seriously try something here!

There are 2nd category of inspiring moments. Those are when you realize once your item get caught into weekly popular page, sometimes it can’t escape from there for months or years :P

906 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

I made websites for photographers and videographers starting with 2003. Then, (I think it was in 2008) I had the idea that I could use templates for the websites I made, instead of creating each time from scratch. I looked for a videographer template and I found a great template on flashden at that moment. I bought it and I was so, so happy seeing how easy it was to just modify it and create a website based on it. What usually took me 2-3 weeks, with a template, it took me then just 2 days. That was the moment I felt in love with Envato and its marketplaces :)

412 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

Seeing the first million hit. Man, that is so cool.

I love looking at badges people have, the color of their paw, where they come from etc. It’s so awesome that the marketplace has enabled so many authors to become successful where no other opportunity might be present.

cheers, Tim

2086 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Before I even found out about AudioJungle, I had released an EP release of experimental electronic music on a certain US-based label. Total revenue from that experience was around $7 in few months – now years :D – so when I finally reached AudioJungle, my expectations weren’t so high.

And it indeed was nice for me on AudioJungle at first, but then I gradually god disappointed by the amount of earnings, and then I simply forgot about the place for a few months. I was visiting here once a month, maybe, without uploading anything, and getting disappointed again and again. And then it happened – the month of July 2010, the month in which I earned 40 cents in total! It hurt a lot, but then it turned out to be my main motivation reference to work harder and upload new stuff and explore new territories. It worked out and literally changed my life around, setting some new goals and opening new exciting fields for me to explore. Thank you, Envato!

27 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • United Kingdom
iwthemes says

Is amazing when you know that your buyers are people in all part of the world,when this people love your work and when they feel glad for each support that you offer. Is very sad when you receive some rejects but each reject is an oportunity to learn something more for being better each day. Since we know this marketplace our lifes changed inmediately, envato and specificly themeforest have been a blessing for us. thank you so much!

by
by
by
by
by
by