101 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
brandilea says

Seems like everyone wants to jump on the themeforest wagon lol. How do you guys plan on starting? I’m just curious. I have barely any experience in web development, so I’d have to start from square one. :(

597 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

How do you guys plan on starting? I’m just curious. I have barely any experience in web development, so I’d have to start from square one. :(

Sounds like a good place to start. I was right there a few years ago. I still have a lot to learn, but i am amazed at where this journey is taking me and – beyond the TF sales – the amount of opportunities and work partnerships it has opened up to me. Get started today!

1185 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

To finish an item for Codecanyon, because I’m working on it for ~6 months and to submit a new wordpress theme in January(it’s almost done).

220 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
TheVibeColours says

To upload my first template on Themeforest and the portofolio and money from graphicriver to grow up ! :)

111 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
bakircius says

Become an Elite. Thats it ;)

849 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Rewroc says

Earn $2000 a month on envato! :D

101 posts
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
brandilea says

How do you guys plan on starting? I’m just curious. I have barely any experience in web development, so I’d have to start from square one. :(
Sounds like a good place to start. I was right there a few years ago. I still have a lot to learn, but i am amazed at where this journey is taking me and – beyond the TF sales – the amount of opportunities and work partnerships it has opened up to me. Get started today!

I think I will start today, actually. You gave me the boost of motivation that I needed. That, and I read some interviews from the top authors of TF. How did you learn? Did you take an online course or something?

597 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

Here’s what I have done personally:

1) signed up to Tuts + Premium. Most useful courses for me were the ones by Adi Purdilla and Jeffrey Way – these guys are awesome!

2) Buy a few HTML templates on ThemeForest and study the heck out of them, tear them apart and try put them back together.

3) learn Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton or another CSS framework – and try build a few projects with them!

4) when you feel like you are getting somewhere, try upload it to TF. You will probably get hard rejected and discouraged by the “coldness” of the rejection e-mail. Don’t give up, that’s a step every author (most of them) had to overcome. Post a link to your rejected work in the item discussion forum and ask for feedback – the community is great and you will get very useful tips!

5) keep reading stuff, learning, following new trends, look at popular items on TF.. Things will start falling into place.. Most of all, have fun and enjoy the ride!

Good luck! :-)

101 posts
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
brandilea says

Here’s what I have done personally:

1) signed up to Tuts + Premium. Most useful courses for me were the ones by Adi Purdilla and Jeffrey Way – these guys are awesome!

2) Buy a few HTML templates on ThemeForest and study the heck out of them, tear them apart and try put them back together.

3) learn Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton or another CSS framework – and try build a few projects with them!

4) when you feel like you are getting somewhere, try upload it to TF. You will probably get hard rejected and discouraged by the “coldness” of the rejection e-mail. Don’t give up, that’s a step every author (most of them) had to overcome. Post a link to your rejected work in the item discussion forum and ask for feedback – the community is great and you will get very useful tips!

5) keep reading stuff, learning, following new trends, look at popular items on TF.. Things will start falling into place.. Most of all, have fun and enjoy the ride!

Good luck! :-)

Awesome. I wrote a lot of this down. I also got some of the Wordpress books from back when I had tuts premium. I just haven’t read them yet. I’d get tuts prem again, but my bank was being a butt and not accepting Australian payments (I have no idea why). I tried to work with my bank, but their customer service sucks. I’ll try my best. I’ve decided to make 2014 my “make it or break it” year. Wordpress is on the top of my list, for sure. Thanks a lot, man!

97 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
uckhandla says

I want to make a WordPress theme like Avada and Become an Elite member. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by