• Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

I have been paying attention to the site and been considering some different options. I am going to do some themes using some new jQuery ideas and also use XML for some dynamic content. I have also been thinking about doing some dynamic jQuery menus, etc. using XML , can I do that? It seems that has been huge for flashden and I would think it could be here to. I know that I have bought things from flashden specifically to see how it worked.

397 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
+5 more
BoxyStudio says

I’m pretty sure this is totally “Forest-Legal”

I’m planning on using some heavy jquery and dynamic content in some future themes as well.

322 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

I don’t think I clearly stated this but I’m wanting to know if we can sale just the menu only.

250 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
simnor says

I started a thread on this a couple of days ago as I thought it would be a good idea to sell individual components, it seemed to have a few people backing it so it might become reality in the future, at the moment though you can only sell templates. Heres the thread: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/sales-of-components/6276, Collis who I’m sure you know is the main man at Envato said:

“Could definitely be a nice addition, certainly as the site develops I think we can look into things like this!”

250 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simnor says

Also jQuery is allowed, a lot of my templates on TF are using it

322 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

what’s your thoughts on the live preview. I’m thinking that there will be user’s who buy things to see how something is done and those who buy things for there site but don’t have much knowledge. I’m not so sure I want to provide a link to a site with some rather in depth javascript that can be taken. Like I said that I think that there are going to be those who buy things to see how there done but if it’s easily viewed then why buy it?

250 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simnor says

It’s a risk you have to take, I have put watermarks on some of the images on my templates to try and deter people but there are always going to be thieves, there is nothing we can do about that, I cant really see any technologies out there to combat it, Collis found truncating but I read a site and that and was confused as to what it is so I am not sure I can suggest anything else unless you can understand it http://www.barelyfitz.com/projects/truncate/.

by
by
by
by
by
by