376 posts
  • Argentina
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
360Degrees says

Its ok people, I have managed to knock the topic train back on tracks…

For videohive a small preview video when hover-over, I’m sure someone has talked about that before, but just a thought.

Make file submissions a bit tougher to pass through, I think Youtube has less data than what we’re using and adding :)

A weekly something, like free file of the month, but maybe not something free. Or weekly, like random this… be creative

+1 Your Smart :) and by the way the videohive idea is good.

110 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
cartermatic says

Some sort of chat/support ticket feature. This way you have the possibility of ongoing support without flooding the comment field or the inboxes of the involved people. Perhaps execute it in a way that most companies do their support; when a seller logs on and when they are free, they can open up a queue to let users ask them questions on the product.

An option to toggle recent and current files. Meaning, I can view recent files or have those be replaced with randomly selected files currently on the market. What happens a lot I fear is that good quality items get their few days on the front page and then are pushed out of sight which greatly affects the opportunity for sales. I see a great number of files that are high quality yet have little to no sales because they don’t get the face time.

2211 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+4 more
crozer says

If I was not clear enough, you guys are saying I am wrong and are trying to prove me wrong. This is what I think and what I would like to see this year, if you think otherwise just say you do not think that would be a good change, that’s it. And if you are interested in the initial topic of the thread, say what would you like to be introduced/changed in 2011, is that so hard for professionals like you guys? Hope not!

Sorry, but since you’re all into the smart/not-smart topic, you should know that arguing and evolving an idea, suggestion or the like is even smarter. I never tried to offend or insult you, yet you react as if I’d have ruined your life.

And as far as the topic goes, I’d like to continuously earn from referral deposits, and not only 30% of the first deposit. There’s probably a good and stable reason for not enabling this feature; if so, I’d like to hear that reason :)

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Philippines
+1 more
dexterous says

Some things which I would like:

1. Search within comments

2. Top files from each marketplace to be shown on other marketplaces

3. A Bit more strictness in following the forum rules – keeping the threads in correct category

4. Hover-over image preview of items for AD (similar to TF, GR where you hover over the thumbnail to see a bigger image

5. Ability to subscribe for item updates

110 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
cartermatic says

bump

Unless its already implemented and I can’t find it, it’d be nice to have a little notification when you receive a comment on a file.

3244 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

bump Unless its already implemented and I can’t find it, it’d be nice to have a little notification when you receive a comment on a file.
You can subscribe to your comment’s rss feed.
151 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Keenpixel says

A few changes I would like to see made to the Marketplaces in the New Year, big and small, include:

• Revamp of the Review process. Seems like it has issues on a few different points, all of which have been discussed before
  • More Social Media connection options
  • Seller profiles with widget/module capability so you could turn on and off sections to display in-progress files, Collections, maybe recent external blog posts, etc.
  • More leveling of the playing field by maybe introducing a feature to discover new and up-and-coming sellers with great files, but haven’t been here long enough or have been overlooked over in some way

There’s more I’m sure, but that’s a good starting point! ;)

182 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
marpies says

• I would also like to be able to update the thumbnail of an item without it being reviewed or reviewed after being uploaded.
  • I think like a month ago I updated few preview images, they went through right away, no reviewing..

3244 posts Nice Guy
    • Forum Superstar
    • Elite Author
    • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
    • Has been a member for 6-7 years
    • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
    • Won a Competition
    • Bought between 100 and 499 items
    • Exclusive Author
    +6 more
    RubenBristian says

• I would also like to be able to update the thumbnail of an item without it being reviewed or reviewed after being uploaded.
  • I think like a month ago I updated few preview images, they went through right away, no reviewing..
    The thumbnails are updated without the file being reviewed..
    designeRodriguez
    designeRodriguez Recent Posts
    Threads Started
    76 posts
    • Exclusive Author
    • Referred between 1 and 9 users
    • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
    • United States
    designeRodriguez says

The ability to see all my followers and manage who I follow from a list like twitter’s.

More SPECIFIC reviewer responses when an item is rejected. I think all authors would appreciate that, especially for the time they put into their work. We shouldn’t have to guesstimate why our item was not accepted if it is just a technical reason, but not specified for example.

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by