443 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
SplitV says
Alright, looks like Full Sail is out. I just started looking around and found a TON of extremely negative reviews from students who graduated, as well as one account from an ex teacher. Apparently the school is not regionally accredited meaning, their degree holds up as a tech certificate, but nothing you take in the school would be transferable or recognized by legitimate colleges. While it wouldn’t matter if you weren’t planning on continuing education past that point, it is a character flaw and shows that its not so legit after all.

I wouldn’t say that national vs. regional accreditation has anything to do with how ‘legit’ a school is. It is true that national accreditation is often easier to obtain then regional BUT often regional accreditation cannot be obtained for ‘non-traditional’ programs. And pretty much ALL of full sails offerings are programs that are just now beginning to become available at more mainstream schools. Alot of the industries, for example game development and design, have been dominated by people with more traditional backgrounds such as computer science and art degrees. Where as now more and more schools are offering degrees designed specifically for the industry. Which is what the industry needs as it has grown to need such a complex level skill and continues to grow each year as new technology and algorithms are introduced and improved apon.

And btw, you will be hard pressed to find ANY regionally accredited program that is strictly online based study.

738 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

I’ve also done research regarding Full Fail, they are only in it for the money; they couldn’t care less about the students if you ask me. Don’t waste the time to even look into them.

21 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
prsjohnny says

Well… to be fair… I don’t really care about them (full sail). I just want a piece of paper that says I can do what I already know how to do. Although I think if I’m gonna spend a ton of money it might be a better choice in the long run to go to a regionally accredited school. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reg. accr. school with a good web program?

194 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
digitonik says
Well… to be fair… I don’t really care about them (full sail). I just want a piece of paper that says I can do what I already know how to do. Although I think if I’m gonna spend a ton of money it might be a better choice in the long run to go to a regionally accredited school. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reg. accr. school with a good web program?

With all your skills you could make a very nice piece of paper that says you already know how to do what you do. :)

155 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
Warll says

Oh oh, and you could use AJAX .

Another note, have you ever been asked about a degree?

88 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
LaMusique says

Bmus – composition and conducting from Academy of Music, Tel Aviv’s University.

166 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
esrarazvi says

I am going to New York City College of Technology for a BTech Communication Design.

Anyone else here going to the same college?

ER

by
by
by
by
by
by