148 posts
  • Czech Republic
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Itachicz says

Hi,

I’m developing my own page builder, and now I’m in front-end part and I have one problem. What CSS framework should I use for template with page builder? Bootstrap, Skeleton or Foundation?

Thx for all of your oppinions :)

173 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
kungfu-themes says

Of the three bootstrap is the most complete so it is the obvious choice.

148 posts
  • Czech Republic
Itachicz says

Hi, first thx for you oppinion :) But I don’t think that’s so obvious choice, none of two authors who have page builder don’t use Bootstrap :)

1 post
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Turkey
  • Exclusive Author
furkanozden says

I would recommend you to use Bootstrap. It’s good for start.

173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
kungfu-themes says

Hi, first thx for you oppinion :) But I don’t think that’s so obvious choice, none of two authors who have page builder don’t use Bootstrap :)

I’m sure there are more than two authors who have page builders and the ones you mention might have used other responsive frameworks.

In my opinion it probably doesn’t really matter as most authors use the responsive frameworks for just the layout. In all cases, bootstrap, skeleton, foundation are all complete.

However, bootstrap is the most complete when it comes to other things such as forms, modal popups and buttons styling and javascript options. Plus it is one of the most forked projects on github so you will always be free to explore other options others have used.

For that reason I would always be tempted to go with that, but it is up to you.

361 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
metrothemes says

I’m sure there are more than two authors who have page builders and the ones you mention might have used other responsive frameworks.

In my opinion it probably doesn’t really matter as most authors use the responsive frameworks for just the layout. In all cases, bootstrap, skeleton, foundation are all complete.

However, bootstrap is the most complete when it comes to other things such as forms, modal popups and buttons styling and javascript options. Plus it is one of the most forked projects on github so you will always be free to explore other options others have used.

+1 For bootstrap it’s rocks :)

148 posts
  • Czech Republic
Itachicz says

Thx for these good arguments :)

59 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
Little-Neko says

Bootstrap too. Skeleton uses less HTML mark up for grids, but is limited when it comes to components (tabs, menus, buttons, etc…). Never tried Foundation, but it looks interresting, sort of “Bootstrap like” for what i saw.

30 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PixelForces says

Who cares what they use, you must decide for yourself – is it fit your needs or not.

And I’m too +1 for Bootstrap. All my latest project are with Bootstrap and I can say it is great thing. I’m sure we all see now how Bootstrap winning its competitors, it will become a standard I believe, like jQuery for JavaScript.

438 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
christopherjon says
none of two authors who have page builder don’t use Bootstrap :)

The moral of this story, write your own.

by
by
by
by
by
by