• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
eLION says

A career! Envato helped kickstart my career in the right direction and get agencies to start looking at me.

Thanks Envato! I’ve been around since Flashden, just not with this account. It’s amazing how far we’ve all come.

66 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
bigtreat says

buy i new dell ultrabook 8gb ram, cori7

905 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
+1 more
joiaco says

One of the advantages of being ‘old’ is that some kind of Chromosome kicks in that makes you think about others more than yourself! It must be an evolutionary thing; I mean, what’s the point of keeping an unproductive human being around unless they can help the rest of the species in other ways?

Anyway, yesterday I achieved a goal – indirectly through Envato because I have been saving from my work for explainer videos – the goal was to buy a piece of land in Malawi for our hard-working gardener who is forced to live away from his home to support his family. For the cost of half a new iMac, his family is now rent free and building a new future. It makes me so grateful to be able to live with my own family.

Envato’s influence reaches deep into Africa :)

698 posts
  • Hungary
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
aron66 says

Bought this amazing chair :) Its freakin comfortable!! :D

471 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Elite Author
  • Mongolia
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
Themewaves says

Where did you purchase this and How much does it cost?

Bought this amazing chair :) Its freakin comfortable!! :D
1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Vergo says

One of the advantages of being ‘old’ is that some kind of Chromosome kicks in that makes you think about others more than yourself! It must be an evolutionary thing; I mean, what’s the point of keeping an unproductive human being around unless they can help the rest of the species in other ways?

Anyway, yesterday I achieved a goal – indirectly through Envato because I have been saving from my work for explainer videos – the goal was to buy a piece of land in Malawi for our hard-working gardener who is forced to live away from his home to support his family. For the cost of half a new iMac, his family is now rent free and building a new future. It makes me so grateful to be able to live with my own family.

Awesome!

2089 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

This post is amazing in so many ways! Firstly and most importantly, you’re a very generous and a good person! ;) Secondly, I’m amazed by the cost you mention – land in Malawi costs half as much as a new Mac? Unbelievable!

434 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • India
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
nCrafts says

Awesome!

905 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • South Africa
+1 more
joiaco says

This post is amazing in so many ways! Firstly and most importantly, you’re a very generous and a good person! ;) Secondly, I’m amazed by the cost you mention – land in Malawi costs half as much as a new Mac? Unbelievable!

I thought exactly that! Chiccosinalo (living in Malawi) can probably enlighten us. Apparently the piece of land is in an arable area, and not too far from water and a market. It is essentially owned by the Chief in that province, and so the prices are relatively low because the families don’t own privately, but as part of the community family, or ‘tribe’. For as long as the family lives there, they may live on that land. Anyway it seemed such a low price to pay to make a direct improvement to the lives of an educated family who cannot find work except on the land. And i made sure that they know it is not a ‘gift’ but a kind of ‘pay forward pension’ to acknowledge the value of all the building and maintenance work he has done for us.

265 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
eLION says

That’s truly amazing! My heart goes out to people like you and those that suffer and made self sacrifices.

by
by
by
by
by
by