So I submitted my first WordPress theme to Themeforest a few days ago and it got hard rejected with some non-specific reasons for the rejection. So to help me decide what I should to next, I decided to create this thread, so that we can get some examples of what some of the authors did after a hard reject for the item to get accepted.
Some of the things that I’ve seen in the forums:
1. Change only the demo and not the actual files of the theme.
2. Change the typography, spacing and other minor changes to css.
3. Massive re-factoring of the theme files.
4. Took some time of the item, and then went back to it.
So let’s hear what did the trick for you, so perhaps we can all consider or try the same and hopefully get our items accepted.
First thing to do is share a link to your theme demo, so people can give you actual feedback on your work rather than “best practices to get your theme approved”.
Create a new thread in the item discussion forum and i am sure you will get some valuable help from experienced authors.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.