753 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
AdamGold says

Hi, I am looking for a display for both my Macbook Pro and my PC. I want it to be LED and 23”.

I don’t really know much about displays, so do you have something you recommend?

Thank you very much Adam

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

If you have a Macbook or mac get the Apple Cinema Display 27inch.

753 posts
+4 more
AdamGold says
ThemeProvince said
If you have a Macbook or mac get the Apple Cinema Display 27inch.

Unfortunately paying 1000$ for a screen doesn’t make sense to me.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Dell UltraSharp is a great choice for about $300. 8-)

Specifically, Dell UltraSharp U2311H or Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23 ” (LED).

753 posts
+4 more
AdamGold says
cmt said
Dell UltraSharp is a great choice for about $300. 8-) Specifically, Dell UltraSharp U2311H or Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23 ” (LED).

Thank you very much, how much the monitor with LED costs the same? What’s better?

Thanks again! :)

1734 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says
AdamGold said
Thank you very much, how much the monitor with LED costs the same? What’s better? Thanks again! :)

Well, check amazon.com and your local stores’ websites – the LED version (U2312HM) is a newer update from DELL , it is slightly more expensive, has a 16:10 ratio, instead of 16:9 and actually I don’t think it’s offered yet in may stores outside of US.

You can read more about LED here.

P.S. I also find it a bit uglier :P – it has rounded corners and different buttons than the old version (U2311H) which I will be buying.

753 posts
+4 more
AdamGold says
cmt said
AdamGold said
Thank you very much, how much the monitor with LED costs the same? What’s better? Thanks again! :)

Well, check amazon.com and your local stores’ websites – the LED version (U2312HM) is a newer update from DELL , it is slightly more expensive, has a 16:10 ratio, instead of 16:9 and actually I don’t think it’s offered yet in may stores outside of US.

You can read more about LED here.

P.S. I also find it a bit uglier :P – it has rounded corners and different buttons than the old version (U2311H) which I will be buying.

I meant how come* the LED costs the same as non-led? Anyway, as you said the LED doesn’t exist yet in my country so I can’t get it. About the U2311H , someone told me that it takes really long time to show up when you start the computer. Why is that?

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

The LED displays is more a marketing thing than a real feature = what we all tought when we heard – WOW LED DISPLAY !! . The image is not created with LEDs, only the backlight is LED powered. Now, do not buy DELL , they are reliable but they have crappy grey scales. Trust me, i have one. And gray scales are everything for the web…
EDIT : Try a BENQ VW2420H or a LG E2441V -BN

753 posts
+4 more
AdamGold says
duotive said
The LED displays is more a marketing thing than a real feature = what we all tought when we heard – WOW LED DISPLAY !! . The image is not created with LEDs, only the backlight is LED powered. Now, do not buy DELL , they are reliable but they have crappy grey scales. Trust me, i have one. And gray scales are everything for the web…

Thanks doutive, then what should I buy? BTW , I am replacing my whole set. I am looking for a good mouse, speakers and a keyboard. Do you have something you recommend on?

1734 posts
+2 more
VisualSharing says
AdamGold said
I meant how come* the LED costs the same as non-led? Anyway, as you said the LED doesn’t exist yet in my country so I can’t get it. About the U2311H , someone told me that it takes really long time to show up when you start the computer. Why is that?

I just read that U2312HM should come out September 2011. I am not sure if DELL didn’t make a mistake about the price – usually LED displays have higher manufacturing expenses, but maybe there is some reason. (P.S. Or maybe not: Dell Professional P2411H 24 -inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with LED costs $263, although not a “UltraSharp” display – probably duotive is referring to those P series ).

I don’t know about any start up issues related to the display.

duotive said
Now, do not buy DELL , they are reliable but they have crappy grey scales. Trust me, i have one.
Is it from the U (UltraSharp) series? They are known for much better quality and your advice might be misleading.
by
by
by
by
by
by