4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
MysticSun20 says

Hi All,

Not sure what to do next and I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.

I bought a theme via themeforest recently and I’ve been having quite a few problems with the theme. I’ve contacted the creator via the theme’s support page and via their email and I have not heard anything back from them to date – not even an acknowledgement.

I understand that there are others like me who require assistance and that they might be very busy trying to address them, however this not hearing back from the creator via the theme seem to the thing from some of the other posts I’ve seen on the support page.

I am getting very anxious to get a response now because I have not been able to do anything with the theme since I purchased it and my business page is due to go live in just over 2 weeks time – not to mention that I am a novice and I wouldn’t know where to even start looking to correct the issues.

Can anyone advise what steps I can take to get this sorted so that I can move forward? Is there a way to request a refund? If they are unable to provide the necessary support required then I would quite like to take my business to someone else on themeforest who will be able to.

Grateful for any guidance and apologies if this is not the forum to do this.

Many thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,

212 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Belgium
+3 more
Playnethemes says

You can ask for a refund by contacting Envato support I think but before you do you should check the following:

1. Have you tried contacting the author through any other social means? (twitter,facebook etc..)?

2. Is there any indication that the author might not be available due to some personal activities etc?

3. You might also want to check out the comments of the Theme to see if anyone else had issues contacting the author

Good luck sir! :)

3545 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

1. Have you tried contacting the author through any other social means? (twitter,facebook etc..)?

I would never and i mean never ever never answer a stalker who tries to contact me via social media :D

212 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Belgium
+3 more
Playnethemes says

I would never and i mean never ever never answer a stalker who tries to contact me via social media :D

:p

4 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
MysticSun20 says

Hi playnethemes and RubenBristian,

Thank you for your prompt response.

@ playnethemes – no I haven’t tried contacting them via any other means other than the theme support page and via their email via themeforest. I don’t think that I should need to do that and I won’t be as RubenBristian says “stalking them,” lol.

I am not the only one with a problem with the author not responding to correspondence. There are others on the support page with this same issue. There is also no indication of any personal issues which would mean a delay in response.

It would have been good if the author could at least acknowledge my correspondence to give me an indication of when to expect a response or let me know that something was happening that would mean a delay in getting back to me.

I will try to give it another day (two days tops) to see if I get a response. If I don’t I will be looking to get a refund to take my business elsewhere – I am dreading this bit but might need to if I haveno other choice!

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

by
by
by
by
by
by