I just submitted my first WP Theme and got rejected, with the ‘This is not unique enough.’ So I was wondering what do you guys consider mandatory to get a theme selling?
Is a portfolio section mandatory? How many sliders are needed. What would you consider essential Shortcodes? What jQuery effects do you use. What defines a too bland – non unique theme?
Perhaps the rejection was because of the design.
1) Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.
2) You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.
3) Your theme does not provide a unique enough design with the to compete in the marketplace at this time. You might consider improving your design with more unique graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items.
4) This theme falls under “similar themes” and it doesn’t show any uniqueness to make it stand out.
5) I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.
-Yes to be fair I agree, if they don’t mention coding or functionality, does that mean it has passed on those?
The reviewer seemed to over-emphasise the fact that the theme wasn’t unique, and seemed to flat out reject it.
I was wondering though, assuming I create a design with unique graphics (this is a non-issue) what are the other mandatory features. Because I didn’t include a portfolio section and only had one slider on the main page?
Can we see a live preview of the theme? Maybe we can help you getting your theme approved
Unfortunately, no… The CSS is plain to see and I have a few unique features there I don’t want others to use
Can I email you a link to critique.
That would be better for me?
E-mail me for critique if you want. Your privacy is save with us
Thank you will do so tomorrow… Bed-time.
As you wish. I am off to bed too…. 4:20AM!!! :)))
So you want help because you got rejected for the theme not being unique enough but you don’t want to show your incredible, mind-blowing, never-been-done theme? Aha.
Gonna wait for that preview.