What do you do if you've bought a theme and literally since then the author hasn't responded and then takes down the theme so you can hardly contact them?

7 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Yagya says

I bought The Clothes Shop theme, which has been taken down, the author no longer responds, and seems like I’ve been left to figure the template out, so project is on hold, while the documentation that has been stated to help, doesn’t even match the template that was downloaded? I’m new to TF so not sure how everything works here. What should I do? Thanks

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

No author has to give you support.
If they don’t want to give you support they don’t have to.

If you don’t understand you can hire a freelancer to work on the template for you

581 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
GravityDept says

Remember that authors are not required to provide support (although it is recommended) and items can be removed at any time. If that happens, you’re on your own. Hire a developer or DIY are the only options.

Next time you buy a template, make sure you ensure the author has a vested interest in supporting their customers. Do they answer comments? Every comment? How long have they been on the marketplace?

You should be considering all these things when buying a theme. That will avoid you being burned in the future.

316 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

If the item is not working as expected, then you can contact Themeforest support and tell them exactly what is wrong with it. List down all the issues and ask for a refund.

by
by
by
by
by
by