• Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

I think it’s worth giving a shot. Our Facebook fan pages roundups on Web.AppStorm have generated a lot of traffic so there’s definitely interest for Facebook stuff out there. :)

188 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
settysantu says

I just submitted a fbml template 10 hrs back and was thinking with TF accept or not, happy to see this discussion. I think we can give a try.

1024 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

I don’t know why anyone would need this. I can’t even imagine the ridiculous results that could come about. Didn’t we recently shoot down the idea of MySpace templates? How is this different? Wouldn’t it just open the door for MySpace, SmugMug and every other “service” type template?

I vote against.

548 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Bebel says

I don’t have anything particular against a new (facebook) category but I’m afraid that there will be too many low cost items flooding the frontpage at some point :-) This is what happened at GraphicRiver where your item only lasts HOURS on the frontpage. Too many low cost categories could really hurt the marketplace – it simply wouldn’t make sense for many authors to work hard on a wordpress theme if it only lasts on the frontpage for 2 days or so…

2049 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

After reading the recent posts – new idea. Just let people know we’re open to FBML Templates, but they should post them in Misc for now. If it’s popular enough and the staff decides it needs it’s own category, so be it. For now however, it should be in Misc.

289 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dany_j says

I have been asked and looked for something like that. Looking forward to see something like that here! Can anyone if its allowed put few links on some FB profile, to see some good example. Im realy courious

1024 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
+5 more
Parallelus says

After reading the recent posts – new idea. Just let people know we’re open to FBML Templates, but they should post them in Misc for now. If it’s popular enough and the staff decides it needs it’s own category, so be it. For now however, it should be in Misc.

I feel like I was just served a plate full of common sense. Excellent idea. If it’s popular it will do well, if not it won’t. Let the market decide.

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

All these FBML templates are more like a custom made template to suit the campaign or promotions.

130 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lukk says

I had no clue these templates even existed until now, wow that’s insane, what are we going to sell next customized “find me on twitter” buttons?

I think that if we start offering things like these it will be a slippery slope, and pretty soon there will be a large portion of ThemeForest dedicated to the likes of glittery, sparkle-full MySpace-esq templates.

Just my opinion…

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Monkify says

1. Could crowd the recent items and lose incentive for creating feature-rich WordPress themes, as they wouldn’t receive as much publicity.

2. It could be a ‘gateway drug’ of sorts, where it just leads to more clutter (ie. Twitter templates, Myspace profiles, etc)

3. I personally opt against it just for the lack of capabilities, which will inevitably result in a lot of templates looking pretty much identical. It’s bad enough already with WordPress themes and a WordPress theme has virtually unlimited possibilities.

by
by
by
by
by
by