61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ne-design says

I was just curious about the PSD included in the themes. Do you include a PSD with every single page + all the design elements? or do you just include the PSD files that may need changes by buyers? or maybe just the top page?

44 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
twoaz1 says

With our most recent template we tried to include anything that the buyer might want to customize. It probably depends a lot on your own design. We tried to look at it from a buyer’s perspective so in our case we included the layered .psd for the homepage and secondary pages. We grouped and labeled the layers (something I’m usually lazy about doing :P) We also threw in a layered file for a favicon because that is something that the buyer might want to change as well.

I think if you try to put yourself into your buyers’ position and consider it in that way you will find it clear as to what you might want to include.

Best wishes for your project! Chris

698 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

You should include everything You put in Your design, simple as that. Also write help notes for customer and give Your layers and folders meaningful names.

61 posts
+2 more
ne-design says

Thanks for the reply! Glad to know what everybody includes as a PSD .

694 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
HaziqMir says

i want to know if the whole template should be included as a single PSD file or as such: header.psd, button_blue.psd… and what if the template is not created in photoshop?

224 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chilly_orange says

I have seen both: entire page designs in a single PSD (landing.psd, about.psd, blog.psd, etc) and separate elements per file (header.psd, button.psd). From my own buying point of view I definitely prefer a complete design instead of single elements and use of guides to slice any changes I want to make.

Since I prefer it this way, this is also the way we setup the themes we put up for sale.

177 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
stylus1274 says

I agree with everyone here. Your PSD you include everything so your buyer can edit.

I’ve purchased a few files that included a PSD . But the PSD was barely designed, designed different or missing many key elements.

Don’t list a PSD as a selling point of your theme if it’s not a strong representation of your design.

1 post
  • Located in Europe
AlexKatt says

I was also wondering how many of you use Notes in Photoshop to help people understand better the elements of your source files?

I’ve been using a structure similar to what’s shown here: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/08/how-to-effectively-organize-your-photoshop-layers/ and it worked great so far.

Alex.

by
by
by
by
by
by