• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says

Speaking as an author, 5 years ago I started with 25% rate and didn’t complain. Higher rate should be a reward for real hardworking bee.

206 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
corethemes says

I think 70% is rightfully reserved for authors that reach the 75,000$ milestone and for special occasions like this. However, I still think that some file types should get a price increase, like the PSD and HTML template files.

It would make reaching that milestone a bit easier ;-)

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Speaking as an author, 5 years ago I started with 25% rate and didn’t complain. Higher rate should be a reward for real hardworking bee.

Totally Agree!

8194 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

The 70% week was in celebration of Envato’s birthday. Not only is a great gift to authors, it really stimulates file upload counts and gives the marketplaces an anual little spark. When it becomes a monthly thing, I’m afraid it would lose quite a bit of this exclusivity and would just end up being about a few lucky bucks ;) So while there’s obvious gain to be had personally, I don’t think it’s much good for the marketplaces as a whole.

couldn’t have said it better :)

2089 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Slightly offtopic, but let’s just not forget that for some marketplaces (especially ThemeForest) it’s relatively easy to work a bit harder and reach 70% relatively easy. On the other hand, some other marketplaces make it quite hard to reach the limit. Not that I’m complaining, just making a comparison we should all be aware of.

I don’t even know why I said this, but, oh well… :D

3 posts Rbista
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rbista says

+1

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
Solair says

Why not just give exclusive authors 70% commissions… Period.
Gotta work for it :) they’ve already increased commissions HEAPS , check the historical rates. When we started we were getting nowhere near the commissions they are handing out now. Envato has lots of bills to pay, if everyone got 70% they wouldn’t be able to sustain the marketplace.

Those that aren’t exclusive authors (and there are many) lose 70% of their money when they sale. While exclusive authors only get 50%... Do you seriously believe Envato doesn’t have enough money?

18 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Heartbreak says

Why not just give exclusive authors 70% commissions… Period.
Gotta work for it :) they’ve already increased commissions HEAPS , check the historical rates. When we started we were getting nowhere near the commissions they are handing out now. Envato has lots of bills to pay, if everyone got 70% they wouldn’t be able to sustain the marketplace.
Those that aren’t exclusive authors (and there are many) lose 70% of their money when they sale. While exclusive authors only get 50%... Do you seriously believe Envato doesn’t have enough money?

When you count every single item + every single member that sales on this site and count the amount of exclusive and non-exclusive members… I think Envato gains more then enough, not to mention the ads they might pull on their websites.

This website is not maintained by Envato, it’s maintained by their authors that has nothing to do with Envato. We don’t have to be thankful for their small prizes, they should be thankful we are here selling our stuff. No offensive, just my belief.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
DynastyWeapons says

This website is not maintained by Envato, it’s maintained by their authors that has nothing to do with Envato. We don’t have to be thankful for their small prizes, they should be thankful we are here selling our stuff. No offensive, just my belief.

When you go on, you go on hard, lol!

by
by
by
by
by
by