24 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
CreativeBoy says

Just was cleaning up my comp, and found my psd file that i designed about 3-4 months ago… I even didn’t remember for what i did it, but i want to try to sell it on TF.

Here is preview of that PSD file.

238 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mastergreed says

Well, I’m not a reviewer, but I wouldn’t accept it for sure. It just look very amateurish, definitely not what staff like to call “quality control”, sorry :).

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

It would need some additional work before it could be accepted.

2529 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Why are you indenting all of those single paragraphs? It’s unnecessary.

751 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CyberShot says

why is it unnecessary to indent the single paragraphs? That is suppose to be proper use of the english language isn’t it? At least that’s what I learned in school. What would the purpose be of not doing that? I am asking in a design learning opportunity way.

2529 posts
  • Blog Editor
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

You indent the first line of a new paragraph to designate that it is in fact a new paragraph. You shouldn’t indent the first line of the FIRST paragraph.

http://briem.ismennt.is/3/3.2/3.2.1/3.2.1.04.htm

But as with anything, it’s ultimately up to the designer. I personally feel that it throws off the lines in a website.

364 posts Onuro
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeKioken says
why is it unnecessary to indent the single paragraphs? That is suppose to be proper use of the english language isn’t it? At least that’s what I learned in school. What would the purpose be of not doing that? I am asking in a design learning opportunity way.

Indenting paragraphs is a writers’ rule on a paper platform, not a design related rule. At least when it comes to design, it’s bad karma lol

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
I think that is incorrect. If I remember correctly, the only indention is in the first paragraph within a block of text. Any paragraphs after the first would not be indented in that “section”. You’ll also notice a lot of websites choose not to indent any paragraphs, such as the TUTS sites and the TF blog. I think it really just depends on the layout and design. :)

Also, even though it is technically a paragraph of text, I think the blockquotes look strange when indented in the OP’s design.

@CreativeBoy-The two things that stick out to me as being visually unappealing is the border around the image at the top right and the double borders to the left of the columns. Best of luck with it :)

-Drew

751 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CyberShot says

you know what’s really funny. I have spent a lot of time on this site looking over approved designs trying to pick them a part to learn better practices and hone my own skills. I am no where near good enough yet to get a design on here. But I have learned enough to spot a bad design. I just did a company site for a guy and he kept wanting me to add things to the site that are real big no no’s. Like music, animated gifs, and a bunch of other things that would just make the site look like he got the site out of a cracker jack box. I said no so many times to his idea’s I wonder what he could have been thinking. I just kept telling him to come here to this site and look at the designs to get an idea of why i kept saying no. My point is that I never really appreciated just how much effort and thought goes into a design. the pro’s really do question everything on a site. this is good though Point taken on the paragraphs. I will try to keep that in mind when I make my designs in the future.

130 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lukk says
Well, I’m not a reviewer, but I wouldn’t accept it for sure. It just look very amateurish, definitely not what staff like to call “quality control”, sorry :).

@ Mastergreed – It would be great if you could give feedback, especially to the younger members, instead of sharing the definition of “quality control”.

Creativeboy – Nice start but you need to add something more to the layout to add some depth, try making it longer vertically and not indenting the paragraphs. Also try to make the content text more readable by changing the light grey to a darker shade.

by
by
by
by
by
by