1262 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

Hello guys,

I am planing to purchase a new phone at the end of April, and I really need some feedback about the Nokia Lumia 800, which comes with Windows Phone 7, what really mathers is the actual Operating System. I currently have an outdated phone (Nokia e63), so I think this is a good choise from what I’ve seen on YouTube.

The Phone specs looks good, it will meet my requierments, but I’m not sure about WP7 , in terms of web navigation, some messenger and other daily stuff…

What do you think/recommend ? I am open to suggestions…

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

I’ve used iOS, some flavors of Android, and WP7 . WP7 is the best mobile OS I ’ve ever used. The Nokia Lumia 800 is currently the best WP7 phone, followed by the Samsung Focus. Nokia is about to launch the Lumia 900 in the USA . It has better specs than the 800, but I do not know if it’ll be offered outside the USA .

One thing to consider is any peripherals you might want to use—they’re non-existent for WP7 devices in the USA . There might be some for Nokia-based devices, but I haven’t done any research on it.

156 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Semenov says

I bought it for tests… And for father… :) It’s incredibly beautiful, especially black. But in contrast to iOS, it doesn’t have any useful apps to use. But if you need just basic tools – Phone/Email/Angry Birds/Twitter/Evernote , so you can buy without any doubt.

1262 posts
+8 more
Pricop says

Thank you guys for your replies. I am going to purchase it then, the last thing I was wondering about, if Microsoft will allow Nokia Lumia users to upgrade from WP7 .5 to WP8 (codename Apollo), which will be launched at the end of the year.

226 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+7 more
nickys says

I have a Samsung Omnia and in general, I am pretty happy with it. I would prefer an iOS phone, but I got the samsung just because it would do the job (email, browsing, social networks and the occasional app) and it was twice as cheap as an iPhone. Event three times cheaper if I’m not mistaken. The iPhone is ridiculously expensive here – about $800 with a high end 2 year plan.

So yeah.

My impressions: 1. Battery – terrible, I must charge it every night.
2. OS – very nice, good looking, snappy and easy to use.
3. Browser – very good, but for some reason I can’t really test the mobile stuff that I’m coding, because touch events don’t work :) I guess they are exclusive to safari or something.
4. Apps – there are some apps, but don’t hope for an app ecosystem like on iOS. You can browse the WP7 store from their site I think. I went ahead and checked what’s available before I bought the phone, and it was goo enough for me.
5. Email – beautiful interface, a pleasure to use.

Overall it was worth the money.

1262 posts
+8 more
Pricop says

Thank you, well I need a phone to check emails, some news websites, CodeCanyon ofc. (leaving replies for buyers in general), and music… I’m not sure about the Apps, I never used a “modern” OS, like Android, iOS, or WP7 , only Symbian, that’s why I decided to ask you guys about WP7 .

My conclusion is that WP7 have a small app ‘ecosystem’, but it will meet my requirements, and maybe I will do an own app myself.

About the price, yes – you are totally right, I will never pay something that much, when I can get something similar at a way much smaller price. I hope Nokia Lumia 800 would handle atleast 2/3 days of use :).

Thank you so much for the feedback.

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

There’s next to no information regarding Apollo. Whether or not existing hardware can run Apollo remains to be seen.

1262 posts
+8 more
Pricop says

I got it guys! I must say it’s really awesome, the OS is great, I like the web navigation feeling, and basically all the stuff :D, It will take some time until I learn the OS, but overall is great.

226 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+7 more
nickys says

How’s the battery?

1262 posts
+8 more
Pricop says

How’s the battery?

So far so good, I mean, it’s only the first day, and was like 2/3, and now it’s fully charged (3/3), maybe because I transfered some files, and the phone automatically recharged via the usb port. But the overall performance let me like ‘how could I live without you? My precious…’. I’m going to use it to response on my items all the time. Can’t wait :D

In a matter of fact, 2 days ago they released a new software update to increase the battery life http://www.neowin.net/news/lumia-800-gets-new-software-update-boosts-battery-life

I definetly recommend you this over the iPhone 4, outstanding solid chasis, Gorilla glass, AMOLED display among other features.

by
by
by
by
by
by