308 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

I’m looking for a laptop to design on when I need a break from my desk. I wanted something that could run photoshop really quick and had a good display with a wide viewing area. What do you think of this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115869&Tpk=Acer%20Aspire%20AS8943G-9319

1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

18,4” sounds good to work with. Since I got used to the 27” cinema in front of me it’s a pain to even open Photoshop on my 15” MBP :(

All the best,
GC

57 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Nekto says

Yes, this laptop is pretty good. Only one thing… I would advice you to buy a notebook with similar characteristics but with nVidia graphic card for the best and fastest work in Photoshop (and other Adobe products). This is because then you can use OpenGL Drawing function. When it’s enable you can use some cool features in new CS4 and CS5 versions: dynamic pan, slim zoom etc. I consider it’s very handy ;)

Regards, – Alex

2063 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

Get a Sony VAIO . I have the VPCEE31FX and it’s amazing. It came with Google Chrome, so no need to open Internet Explorer, plus it’s just… amazing.

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
FreeFenix says

That’s a good one, runs smoothly, the only issue is the size ;), not easily portable plus 10pounds, other than that definitely worth the price.

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by