Many buyers expect wordpress themes, but buy HTML templates. This causes unhappy buyers and low ratings for authors. I think TF needs extra explanation field for HTML templates. I made one
Haha, a person who can read and spell wordpress should be able to figure out that the theme they are buying isn’t wordpress. If they knew what wordpress is, they would certainly look for the word “wordpress” when they’re buying I suppose.
All HTML templates should have a disclaimer pop up before viewing the demo if not the item page even saying ” I agree that I understand this is a HTML file and WILL NOT work on Wordpress should I decide to purchase it”.
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Exclusive Author
This is stupid, although I am guilty of purchasing a plugin from CC thinking that it was for wordpress, I don’t think there is a need for this, people should read before they buy anything.