1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says
I am contemplating whether I should buy

Or get this package instead:

• 1 INTEL CORE i7-3770k (3.5GHZ) UNLOCKED/8MB CACHE/4000 HDGFX/22NM LGA1155
  • 1 MSI Z77MA-G45 Z77 S1155/4DDR3/PCIE/CROSFIREX/MILITARY CLASS III/MA
  • 4 KINGSTON 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ (KHX1600C10D3B1/8G)
  • 1 SEAGATE 1TERABYTE SATA (ST1000DM03) HARD DRIVE
  • 1 AEROCOOL VS-3 BLACK W/O PSU GAMING CASE
  • 1 COOLER MASTER THUNDER MOD 620WATTS 85% EFFICIENCY MODULAR POWER SL
  • 1 AOC 23” 12353 IPS-LED (1920X1080)/SMS MONITOR
  • 1 LITEON IHAS-524 24X SATA LABEL TAG BLACK DVDRW
  • 1 A4TECH 7600N MINI WIRELESS DESKTOP PADLESS KB+ MOUSE
  • 1 IZUKI W/METER 500W AVR

Please I am in serious need of your advice friends. Which of the two will you go for?

The prices are both the same.

Thank you.

930 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
3Ddym says

If you have only those 2 options then 2nd one is better than 1st one.

266 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
MahmoudRafik says

my opinion the 2nd one is better for sure.

224 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
WPAlchemy says

32 GB ram and a 23 inch monitor? I would recheck my priorities ;)

But anyways, yeah 2nd option is the one i would go with.

+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

32 GB ram and a 23 inch monitor? I would recheck my priorities ;)

Can you please throw more light on that?

Thank you.

266 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
MahmoudRafik says

1st. 18.4’’ 2nd 23’’ monitor 2nd better
1st. 8gb ram 2nd 32gb 2nd better
1st. you cant customize in the future 2nd you can 2nd better
1st i7 3770 Processor 2nd i7-3770k (3.5GHZ) 2nd you can overclock it 2nd better

224 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
WPAlchemy says

Well, in my experience, I have never seen much improvement pass over 16 gb ram. I mean, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are pretty fast at that treshhold (considering you are going to be using one of those OS).

Now, considering you are a graphic designer (i just checked your profile) you might want to get a bigger screen. I do programming mostly and I dont think i could ever go back to anything smaller than 26 inches.

Then again, its just my opinion! If you are used to your 23 inch screen, the 2nd setup is great.

+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Well, in my experience, I have never seen much improvement pass over 16 gb ram. I mean, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are pretty fast at that treshhold (considering you are going to be using one of those OS).

Now, considering you are a graphic designer (i just checked your profile) you might want to get a bigger screen. I do programming mostly and I dont think i could ever go back to anything smaller than 26 inches.

Then again, its just my opinion! If you are used to your 23 inch screen, the 2nd setup is great.

The quote came with 23”. Maybe I should request for 26” then. However, 23” is ok for my desk.

Thank you @MahmoudRafik and 3Ddym

565 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

I haven’t looked at Asus Transformer P1801 10-point Multi-Touch All-in-One PC, but as for the other package:

PSU (Power Supply Unit)
I’d go for a better PSU (power supply unit). There are better around. This may not seem so important, but a more efficient PSU will decrease costs in power usage. Take the Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold for example; it has an efficiency of 90%. Why would you settle for only 85%? You’re buying some branded machine which is a waste of money in the first place, and next you will be having a higher electricity bill for as long as you’re using that system. Personally I’m using the 1000 Watt version of it. 620 Watt isn’t all that (depending on what you want to do with it, and how you’ll expand in future).

CPU
It’s good though only supports a maximum of 1600 MHz memory bus speed. Your main board supports up to 2800 MHz.

CPU Cooler
Lacking info about CPU cooler. The cooling coming standard with the CPU aren’t all that. Yeah sure, they do the job for common use, but if your machine has to work really hard, you want something more stable and effective. Personally I’m using Scythe Mugen 2 rev. B. Unfortunately picking a decent CPU cooler isn’t an easy task, as you take into account the sometimes huge dimensions which can get in the way of your memory modules, etc. If you want any bigger cooler you’ll have to use low profile memory modules. I don’t think those listed Kingstongs are low profiled.

Mainboard
Never used it so I can’t really judge. Though looking at the stats and tech-sheets it looks fair in this particular setup.

Case
The Aerocool case lacks USB-3 connectivity, meaning the case is out-dated on this behalf. Your mainboard has USB-3 connectivity though.

Memory Modules
The bus speed is 1600 MHz which is the maximum your CPU supports. Which is ok. However, your mainboard supports 1066/1333/1600/1866/2000/2133 (OC), 2200/2400/2600/2667/2800. Coming from the world of software/game development, now audio production, I can assure you that you want as high memory performance as possible. Not everything regarding memory has to deal with your CPU’s memory bus anymore. So why settle for a 1600Mhz while your mainboard supports upto 2800? Also note that 8GB isn’t all that much anymore. It’s nice for common usage, but personally I even get into problems using 32GB of memory, though that regards things like software development and audio production.

Hard Disk
That 1TB Seagate you linked is 7200 RPM. We’re using 10.000 RPM nowadays. The HDD is absolutely the slowest component in every computer system. I think that squeezing out every bit of speed advantage is very important. People who won’t buy a solid state drive should at least get the fastest possible legacy drives.

Again: it all depends where you want to use it for. Surfing, some document editing, some gaming, just fine. It’s not a top-notch system however and it has too many dated things (like the 1600 MHz memory, no USB-3 on case, slow HDD, only 85% efficient PSU).

My advise, to anyone really: never ever buy some premade system, especially not from some store. And especially not when it’s uselessly branded. It’s a waste of money, on an for-you-probably-not-so-efficient-product. Find someone who knows about PC hardware, there are plenty of people around everywhere, I’m sure also in your neighbourhood. Tell them what you want to use the PC for. Then sit down to together and order the most suiting components seperately. There are loads of online shops to get the components. Per component you can pick the cheapest shop. You’ll save money, you know what you have, and you know how you’re standing in the future with your machine. But best of all: the machine perfectly suits your needs.

+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

@Coriiander – Thanks for the intense review. It will be used for heavy duty works for many 3D projects and future web development. And I need something with optimum speed. Thank you once again. I will be attaching your recommendations.

by
by
by
by
by
by