Here’s the link: http://www.enginnet.it/mycleanportfolio/index.htm
It has just been rejected for:
1) The text seems somewhat cramped. Consider adding some more padding to allow for some breathing room.
2) On the contact page, the submit button doesn’t line up with the other inputs.
3) Pay attention to your lines. Why does the heading in the featured section on the home page not line up with the paragraph below it?
These can be quickly fixed, even if all three have been on purpose done. Have you got some other suggestions?
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
1) Don’t use justified text alignment for website stuff, maybe it’s just me but it looks bad.
2) The left and right arrows in the feature section take a lot of the attention away from what you want people to be looking at.
3) The blocks at the bottom are too far away from each other and the text within them are too close to the edges. Give the text some padding.
4) About me page text needs padding and some work.
Overall it needs refinement and polishing before it will be accepted. You’re on the right track though!
I like where you’re going with it! Especially some of the more subtle bubbled corners and colors. Absolutely avoid justified text. If someone has a very short or awkwardly spaced, it’s going to get really streched out and difficult for the user to read. I might remove the dark bars on your preview panel—they almost-but-don’t-quite line up with the grid and the arrows alone will do the job of giving it horizontal distinction. Good luck!
I think if you follow what Segen has mocked up then you’ll be golden.
xmdsys thanks for suggestions ! I didn’t know justified text looks so bad ! It has always been well to me.. How would you work on About me page? So you think those corrections should make the theme accepted? Somethingh else to suggest?
Thank you very much!
@AmandaLinder: thank you!
@segen: perfect! but..do you think the logo should be separated from the white line below? What about the controller? should I remove all those numbers? Should I add a footer text below the three blocks?
Not to mention the fact you are calling her out when you’ve got work like (edited) and (edited) in you portfolio.
I’m not one for confrontation but your comment was so out of line I thought it’d be worthwhile to take you down a peg.
Keep at it – if this crap: (edited) can get put on here then there’s hope for us all (nice template btw).
... I thought that design was awesome. Once you have designed a few sites yourself you might have a bit more swing with ‘comments’ like that though, all in all, it is not very useful to anyone and somewhat writes your opinion off completely.
Back on topic; at first I thought ‘hey, this is quite nice actually’ but I did notice the oddities that segen has pointed out. Consistency should be king in this design so just get those bits aligned and working together and I think you are on the right track.