95 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bugakov_maxim says

What do you think? Can AJ exhaust itself? I mean will our music be useful and necessary in the future?

563 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

Yes because music trends always change, new music and sounds will always be needed.

748 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

I also believe it is possible for any company to exhaust itself. According to business practices, if a company doesn’t make adjustments to their product to keep it fresh and new, they risk buyers becoming dissinterested. Music is less prone to this phenomenon, but attention needs to be giving to keeping it interesting nonetheless. Sometimes that may simply mean better aligning services that support the product, for example, implementing a better search engine, or giving more packaging options. I know that Envato and AJ are working on these right now, and as long as they continue to look for ways of keeping the “product” fresh, they shouldn’t have many issues converting potential customers into buyers.

249 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
miksmusic says

As with all things around us, everything has the beginning and the end. Take it easy and enjoy the ride :-)

264 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

Although it can happen, i don’t see it happening in the near future. I expect more and more people turn to royalty free music. Prices are next to nothing and music quality is rising day by day.

Even today I hear some music on tv which is a mere imitation of an AJ hit. If these supervisors knew that their contracted musician is imitating a track from a royalty free music site, why wouldn’t they buy the original from here?

Future is good for royalty free musicians and bad for music industry as a whole because work will be cheaper and cheaper and it will be hard to charge a lot of money for a custom work when there is a similar (or sometimes better) royalty free alternative.

547 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
TortoiseTree says

Although it can happen, i don’t see it happening in the near future. I expect more and more people turn to royalty free music. Prices are next to nothing and music quality is rising day by day.

Even today I hear some music on tv which is a mere imitation of an AJ hit. If these supervisors knew that their contracted musician is imitating a track from a royalty free music site, why wouldn’t they buy the original from here?

Future is good for royalty free musicians and bad for music industry as a whole because work will be cheaper and cheaper and it will be hard to charge a lot of money for a custom work when there is a similar (or sometimes better) royalty free alternative.

+1 So true man. We really are the future of the industry. Whenever I watch TV I either hear an AJ track or an imitation of an AJ track. I’ve already seen quite a few documentaries and TV series where there is no composer credited anymore but instead a music supervisor and sometimes even the library they got the music from! It is sad that lots of session musicians are getting displaced on account of advances in technology but to be honest they will always have work as there will always be top end customers willing to pay top dollar for the best session guys. Same goes for concert players and composers too, if you’re a director and you’re presenting a 200 million dollar movie to the production company and you then say that you got your music from a library I don’t know how that would float. They’d demand you get a famous composer! If anything I think we’re helping to enable the masses, now your starting director, your youtube video producer and your local radio stations now have access to really good music for a price that suits their needs. Before that wasn’t so easy for them so we’ve helped create a market. So yeah, to answer that, no I don’t think AJ will exhaust itself, if anything it will keep growing to meet market demands!

22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thanami__MUSIC says

I think as long as there is music, and AJ will be )

888 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
jhunger says

When I think of the amount of people who now have access to high quality video cameras + high quality editing software, and the exploding video streaming sites as opposed to 10 or even 5 years ago, I can’t help but think that consumer-priced stock music will have a certain amount of longevity. Probably 99% of all video out there that’s had a modicum of post production has a music track behind it, and having an affordable legal option is I’m sure a great boon to many current and future videographers who can’t afford $200 or even $30 per track.

I think the market will get more saturated, and it’s probable that more professional types will throw their hat in the ring to bring in some extra income (most likely this is already happening). So it’s going to be tougher to keep in the game going forward.

Whether or not AJ stays relevant remains to be seen as sites come and go very quickly, but I think it’s got a pretty good shot as it’s far more engaging than some of the other stock sites (at least for authors).

In any case, my strategy right now is to put as much of my stock earnings as I can either into savings or back into equipment directly related to music production. It’s been a pretty good gravy train so far and I’d love it to last for a long time, but that may or may not happen so it’s best to make hay while the sun shines.

490 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Yes because music trends always change, new music and sounds will always be needed.

Spot on, although I expect it to be much more crowded and the price of items to get cheaper and cheaper because of the competition (I also foresee royalties disappearing and global subscriptions for music being introduced). Based on the way stock photography libraries have gone, it looks like you’ll need far more tracks as a new authour to be picked up unless you’ve already got a good standing from previous sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by