I made a design for a webdesign contest lately. It didn’t win but I pretty much like it. Now I was thinking about selling the design here, but because I have no experience doing that and designs don’t get approved easily I just wanted to hear your opinion. This is the design: http://www.webstudions.be/projects/dijkman/dijkman.html
What do you think of the design, any chance it will be accepted?
And more important: What do you think I can do to improve the design?
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Exclusive Author
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
You have to work on the padding/margin of the content and I think the navigation is a little bit too big. But the start is nice and if you improve your design it may get approved.
Also work on the drop shadows… they look to strong
Thank you for the feedback. One question: What do you mean exactly with the padding and margin? How would you change it?
hm loose that background…you have a lot of work to do:) look after som newest web trends…
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Won a Competition
- Halloween Competition Winner
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- United Kingdom
As it stands I don’t think it would get approved in any category.
Graphically its weak, the margins/paddings are erratic and the typography needs a ton of work.
Overall, too busy. Every section is fighting for attention and the eye doesn’t know where to go first. look more into typography, and hierarchy.
I’m not sure about the banner, mostly the side parts. The perspective is off.
Take some minutes, put this design far away and start a new one right now from the beginning. Maybe take a look at www.thebestdesigns.com, www.awwwards.com, www.bestwebgallery.com, www.siteinspire.net and so on.
Good luck with it.