1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Kynao says

Ultimatum comes in second to my mind, headway is technically more advanced and more straight forward to me.

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
nomad411 says

Ultimatum comes in second to my mind, headway is technically more advanced and more straight forward to me.

I have both, Headway and Ultimatum. I do find that I kinda stay in Ultimatum these days. it just seems so intuitive and easy. You can shape page templates to be anything you want in very little time.

I guess I’ll truly know which I like better when licenses come due. :) To be fair, I should go play with Headway again and see if there’s been updates..

3432 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

I looked at the showcased sites and those are one of the ugliest designs i’ve ever seen.. :|

oh..it’s 3 months old :D

40 posts
  • Australia
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mcollins says

I looked at the showcased sites and those are one of the ugliest designs i’ve ever seen.. :| oh..it’s 3 months old :D

ROFL… then again, it is showcasing the general user that wants to build their own website. If you want to see a semi decent site built on Ultimatum look at one I built recently… http://patapuss.com.au

Still a work in progress.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
spamspert says
ROFL… then again, it is showcasing the general user that wants to build their own website. If you want to see a semi decent site built on Ultimatum look at one I built recently… http://patapuss.com.au Still a work in progress.

Thanks for sharing the site. It’s very helpful to me as I’m trying to choose between Ultimatum and Catalyst theme purchase.

250 posts Mad Dog
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
mad_dog says

Entirely agree with RubenBristian, I did not test it, maybe they have great functionality but the designs are really outdated :(

1 post
pixxxler says

Seems dead, not a single blog post since may, is there any forum activity? how is support?

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
1Wolf1 says

There is a lot going on on the forum and there are plenty of people willing to help:-).

1 post
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
mactsolutions says

I’m an ultimatum user and is now looking for an alternative framework. The framework is great and one of the limit is just the developer/designer creativity and skills. I have launched 6 projects already. Now here’s the reason why i’m looking for an alternative.

1. The owner… we’ve been hearing about the 2.4 for (i think) almost a year now and still nothing… 2. I guess the owner is from Turkey which is now under heavy protest. The owner doesn’t respond to support for quite sometime now and as a business man kept me worried of the needed support and the frameworks future.

I will still use ultimatum on my 2 currently being developed projects but if I will not hear from the developer after months of waiting.. i’ll be forced to move to another framework.

40 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
mcollins says

Hi Mactsolutions, good luck with staying with Ultimatum. I dumped it months ago, and glad I did. I noticed that the developer was extremely slow on responding to support in the forums. I had been inundated myself with support requests via Skype as I had given out my contact details to help out.

I have been using Catalyst Theme with Dynamik since, and never looked back. I have never been so happy to have made the jump. The learning curve was quick, and the framework has not given me a problem. And right out of the box the styling is quite stunning.

Good luck with your ventures into a better and more secure framework. By the way, I am “cmwwebfx” in the Ultimatum forum and Catalyst forums.

Ciaran

EDIT I feel I made a terrible mistake to have suggested others to use Ultimatum, and and I am sorry for that.

by
by
by
by
by
by