38 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
thememates says

Make sure that you test your theme with WP_DEBUG set to true in wp-config.php file and then using “Theme Check” plugin.

You will definitely get a lot of errors and some of them will be for obsolete features so make sure that you remove the errors which are related to your theme’s functionality.

The first step the reviewer do is to check your theme using the above process.

1175 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
mabuc says
Thank you for taking the time to submit your item. Unfortunately this item does not meet our current technical quality requirements and cannot be accepted at this time. Please continue reading for additional information.

technical quality, the problem is in your WP codes.. I hope this helps: http://www.wpexplorer.com/wordpress-theme-checks ;)

1175 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mabuc says

Make sure that you test your theme with WP_DEBUG set to true in wp-config.php file and then using “Theme Check” plugin.

You will definitely get a lot of errors and some of them will be for obsolete features so make sure that you remove the errors which are related to your theme’s functionality.

+1 definitely right..

1175 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mabuc says

now I’m confuse here (sorry).. does WP_DEBUG really important to get accepted into wordpress category?

38 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
thememates says

now I’m confuse here (sorry).. does WP_DEBUG really important to get accepted into wordpress category?

I think so because we got the same rejection message which “bogdan_09” got so after following the suggestions of the reviewer, i.e. to use Theme Check plugin and WP_DEBUG enabled, we fixed a lot of errors and our theme was accepted :)

41 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
bogdan_09 says

Thank you thememates and mabuc for your tips :)

27 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
whoathemes says

Thanks you thememates and mabuc for your replies…

We solved the errors with “Theme Check” plugin and the next step was WP_DEBUG set to true. We found some errors here too and we intended to solve those too. But meanwhile I got this message from reviewer:

“I understand it’s frustrating but please keep in mind that the standards for different categories are not the same. For example, the PSD category is the hardest to get into followed by WordPress followed by HTML category and finally the rest. This lets us keep standards high while still growing our smaller categories.

Considering the massive growth in the WP section, the standards are actually quite high and an approval under the HTML category doesn’t explicitly mean an approval under the WP section.

Additionally, we can make an exception if the HTML version sells very well but that isn’t the case here either. ~30 over 2 months doesn’t warrant an exception here.

In the future, it’s best to keep sales and overall quality in mind before starting the conversion process.”

Seems that we worked in vain again more than one month to this WP conversion because it’s not about technical requirements (wp errors), it’s about WP standards. This template had only 30 sales and if there were more, then maybe would have been accepted. The HTML meet the standards but not the WP version of it. In my opinion this is not a reject reason.

‘m going to open a new topic were I intend to ask reviewers to specify in their messages, when an HTML is accepted, that it doesn’t meet the standards for an WP version in order to not work in vain a month trying to convert it.

Thank you guys for your replies.

1175 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mabuc says
Seems that we worked in vain again more than one month to this WP conversion

I feel you, message like this gets me discourage in submitting WP themes. Time is wasted…

27 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
whoathemes says

Finally the template was accepted. Thanks guys for the tips…

by
by
by
by
by
by