751 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CyberShot says

What looks better? If I wanted to design a site for an office, say someone wanted a desk looking down from the top. Is it better to make the entire thing in photoshop or just go download a really nice high res photo of a desk with the computer already on it and the coffe cup, and then maybe you just add a notepad in photoshop, throw in some nav and a content area and presto, you have a realistic looking site.

Or should you learn how to make the desk and puter and coffee cup in photoshop, follow a tut for a thumb drive or something and make the entire thing in photoshop?

The thing is that I have an idea for a site, But I needed to figure out how to make stiched leather in photoshop and was having a lot of trouble. My skills are mabye intermediate beginner at best. So I thought, why not just find a complete photo and build my content area into the photo? For some reason, I think making the entire thing in photoshop would be better, but then you can chop up any photo to add layers to make it workable.

Opinions?

by
by
by
by
by
by