• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says

Hey guys, I know it’s taking time but we are working to improve on-site support for ThemeForest authors especially – we know the current setup is less than optimal. I’m really pushing for us to do it sooner rather than later too. Anyways, I know that doesn’t help now, but I just wanted to put it out there. I’m so impressed by how some authors have managed to handle support so expertly for their customers! :-)

1018 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
+5 more
Parallelus says

Jordan, thanks I do appreciate what Envato is doing. The problem is I’ve been waiting, more than a year now and every month I thought it was getting closer. I let it go as far as I could. I’ve pushed the limits of the comments area to the max holding out for a new system, purposely avoiding an external support site so I wouldn’t have to revert back. The problem is, it’s too late. I need a solution sooner than you can have one ready.

You can’t be less than… 6 months out on getting something to us? Maybe you can get some minimal improvement like search to us in 2-3 months? I could be wrong but I do know I can’t wait another 3-6 months. I’m spending an insane amount of time in the comments area and my customers are voicing some serious dissatisfaction with the facilities. I have continuously defended my decision to hold of on external support sites with my customers. Now that I know the status I have no way of defending my decision not to make an external support site. I can’t ask them to wait that long even if I can.

It’s just what’s best for my business at this point. I truly wish this wasn’t the case because I absolutely do not want to manage my support outside ThemeForest but now I don’t have a choice.

2032 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

Jordan,

being an entrepreneur means taking big risks for the greater good, doesn’t it? So why doesn’t Envato take a big leap and get some developers working on a new support system NOW with the help and suggestions of the community?

851 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says

@Parallelus & LandonWilson

I totally understand how you must be feeling, I know it’s something that has been dragging on and on and it’s something which is really important to you guys, buyers and generally speaking the success of authors. We always intended to get better on-site support to authors sooner than this, but the scope of the project is large and has been tied to other critical improvements to the backend including search – this has contributed to the delays..

We’ve (Marketplace management and devs) been specifically discussing this project in our weekly meetings over the past few weeks and we had a really long chat about how important it is. As I understand, it’s a high priority – as in, you’ll actually start seeing changes sooner rather than later. I know that’s still vague, but we have our weekly meeting tomorrow, and I’ll raise this and see if I can get something concrete in terms of implementation to share with you guys.

To be clear though, this is something we know is important and urgent. We’ve known for a long time – and even though it may not have seemed it, it’s always been a high priority. We’re a t a point now where many major projects (including backend changes to facilitate an improved support system) have been completed and we’re in a position to make headway.

As a side happy note – the devs are working on a small change to ratings right now that should make authors very happy :-)

I’ll do my best to get more info to everyone soon.

1018 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
+5 more
Parallelus says

@Jordan_M

Thanks Jordan. I really appreciate you’re taking this seriously and I don’t doubt Envato’s dedication one bit.

Please understand, I wasn’t trying to stir up trouble or make anyone look bad. I’m asking for recommendations on the support forums/ticketing because I want to try and get something done this week and don’t have time for mistakes right now.

851 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says
Parallelus said
@Jordan_M

Thanks Jordan. I really appreciate you’re taking this seriously and I don’t doubt Envato’s dedication one bit.

Please understand, I wasn’t trying to stir up trouble or make anyone look bad. I’m asking for recommendations on the support forums/ticketing because I want to try and get something done this week and don’t have time for mistakes right now.

Oh not at all! :-) I completely understand why you’re frustrated and why it’s important. Everything you’ve said has been helpful for us to know – we need this kind of feedback to help us be better!

I’ve spoken to the rest of the team and we’ve added the issue to our meeting agenda tomorrow – so it’s definitely on our radar :-)

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
TNL3542 says

hey guys if ure still looking for a support ticketing system check out http://www.hesk.com its free and also you can buy a licenes for 40.00 i did works great

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says
Parallelus said
duotive said
i made 60% of a bbpress theme and i am about to trash it! reasons and questions : how do customers share their private wp and ftp credentials? over email? than why create a forum? just moving stuff?! AND in general a purchase code verification is what you/ use, but what if they ask support for two themes and they bought one? AND most of support requests are one or two question.. for us it’s like 80% that and 20% ask more frequent questions… so why direct them to anyther website with another account and headakes… and i realized that i worked for nothing…

I agree with you in every respect, but… My latest theme had over 100 comments in the first 7 days. Many were repeat questions but nobody bothers to read through comments once you exceed 10 pages. My previous theme before that has over 1,000 comments, also heavily repeat questions. I’ve tried using FAQs as a solution, doesn’t work.

This is just the numbers for the comments area, not including emails. I probably get an additional 50% on top of that by email. My support needs for customers to find solutions on their own, customers to answer other customers and someone other than myself to do support are major. If I could give someone else access to answer my comments without access to my financials, I’d probably not be engaging in this exercise.

I do not know, how you guys and my partner are right to trust a support forum. I personally don’t because of the issues i described. Also how do i expect it to work if i had for instance customers asking the same questions one after another ( 3 or 4 ) and i gave the same answer for all of them… they just had to read the last comment before posting… WIERD .
OFFTOPIC : cool author website you have, lovely :D congrats on that! and a small question: what do you use for the subscribe to our newsletter? from scratch or a plugin?

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

On other topics, @Jordan_M – Hello. Please add the fix for the “n More Replies” link on your to do lists :) It really bugs me when i get asked something related to an older comment and i cannot read it

2024 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
revaxarts says
duotive said
On other topics, @Jordan_M – Hello. Please add the fix for the “n More Replies” link on your to do lists :) It really bugs me when i get asked something related to an older comment and i cannot read it

Yep, and put the reply button to a better place. Buyers often start a new discussion instead of replying to the active one

Sorry – back to topic :)

by
by
by
by
by
by