4189 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Envato team says

The documenter , fast clean, easy, cute! :)

101 posts Live Long and Prosper
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DryThemes says

+1 for Html

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

We use PDF – we detail everything out with screen shots etc and make it to where it’s as easy as we can possibly make it. But in the end, it’s all based on user interpretation – if they even read the documentation that is! :)

374 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

Whatever you all use, (regardless of any copyright concerns) if the text in the documentation is not searchable by the end user then it may not worth be documenting IMO .

Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

both reading a pdf and viewing html in a browser are fully searchable.

35 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
QUBESYS says

Ok what do you use for PDF ?

Adobe Acrobat ?

How can we make a set template ? Do you have a copy, I can use ?

Then I can simply change logo, text etc and save for our use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We use PDF – we detail everything out with screen shots etc and make it to where it’s as easy as we can possibly make it. But in the end, it’s all based on user interpretation – if they even read the documentation that is! :)
+8 more
jonathan01 says

We are on mac and use Apple Pages which comes with a host of templates to choose from – we then alter the full styling with each theme and layout everything to match the theme’s colors, fonts etc etc we take a considerable amount of time creating and crafting them based on feedback over the years – but basically on a mac you can make a pdf out of anything you can print as it’s built in to the os – just not so sure about windows based machines I’m afraid (I’m sure there has to be something?)

Jonathan

185 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
visualkicks says

I do HTML for HTML templates….. PDF ’s for wordpress templates.

- I find wordpress users don’t want to look at code. They just want instructions - PDFs can be printed nicer - They can give the pdf to their client easier and be more professional

That’s my reasoning.

185 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
visualkicks says

I should clarify – I use indesign to create my PDF ’s.

My background is in catalogue design, so I feel right at home with master pages etc.

1589 posts Chris Robinson
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says
by
by
by
by
by
by