19 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Ireland
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
byronyasgur says

What exactly does this mean.

From Photo Dune’s Licence. “Distribution or displaying of any Work in any digital format at a resolution greater than 1000×1000 pixels in on–line or electronic publications, including web pages, unless it is included in your site’s design. If the image is part of a design and manipulated accordingly, the image width can be higher than 1000 pixels.”

I would have thought all images were “part of a design”; and surely if the image is cropped by even 1px it is “manipulated”

My slider is 1170 pixels at it’s widest configuration. Can I not use a Photo Dune image in it?

95 posts
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
bringthepixel says

up. same problem here

19 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Ireland
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
byronyasgur says

I’ve come to the conclusion, right or wrong, that the idea being that the image could be used at greater dims that 1000px if it was manipulated in such a way as to prevent direct stealing or reselling, so in my own case using the images in my slider will mean croping them to a fairly extreme aspect ratio … and I conclude that this would be unsable to most people who might want to steal them … so my concience is clear, but I’d love to be able to clear up exactly what is meant. My thoughts are though that it will never be possible to define exactly the use of the word “manipulated” in this context so I suppose you just have to stay on the right side of the spirit of the intent and hope for they best … but I don’t know …. your thoughts ???

95 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
bringthepixel says

Some stock site (I don’t remember exactly which) also has got a resolution limit, but it’s more flexible:

1000×1000 = 1 000 000 pixels. In my case I need 1030×579 = only 596 370 pixels :)

95 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
bringthepixel says
According to the current license: http://photodune.net/licenses/photodune_regular

It’s now 1200×800 :)

by
by
by
by
by
by