37 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CodeManiac says

Greetings,

I just checked my profile > the hidden tab, I see one of my uploaded items there with the following text [Soft Rejected]Item’s Name. The problem is that I didn’t received an email which says the reason. Is that an issue caused by mail provider or because management was lazy to reply? Thanks indeed for an answer.

Sincerely, Michael.

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

Soft rejected typically means the reviewer will eventually accept the item but found some things the author needs to fix.

I believe an email is sent out by the system regardless of rejection or acceptance. So the usual suspects are to blame if an email wasn’t received.

37 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
CodeManiac says

Thanks for the reply but what should I do in such situation because I didn’t received any hints on correction?

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

Open a support ticket and request details on why your item was soft rejected. Be sure to mention what category (PHP, JavaScript, WP Plugin, etc) so that it’ll get routed to the correct person.

607 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a blog post
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

You should open up a support ticket or email the reviewer through his profile page to get more information about the soft rejection.

499 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
TutelageSystems says

Thanks for the reply but what should I do in such situation because I didn’t received any hints on correction?

Definitely open a support ticket. On soft rejections the reviewer will tell you (or should tell you) what you need to fix before they will accept it.

Don’t forget to check your Junk Mail/Spambox as well.

164 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
jrd89 says

Open a support ticket and use some strong words to get answers. 9 time out of 10 you will get details for what to change for your item to be accepted. Don’t let rejected get you down, especially a soft rejecting, that’s a good sign.

by
by
by
by
by
by