3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
tanovic says

I recently wanted to buy Metros responsive minimal but all pages involving @peerforest are removed from themeforest. This unprofessional if for some reason the themes are remove it would be nice that users have some feedback rather than 404 pages.

4606 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

The authors don’t really need to provide a reason when they take their files off the Marketplace, not that we would willingly disclose the reasons why even if we knew. Sorry.

3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
tanovic says

Yes understand that authors don’t need or have obligation to explain why they left themeforest, or removed there content ,that was not my point. I mention that would be nice if someone removes they work, themeforest will show page like “content is removed by author” or something similar not 404 page.

5544 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

The authors don’t really need to provide a reason when they take their files off the Marketplace, not that we would willingly disclose the reasons why even if we knew. Sorry.

Not sure if you aware, but when someone deletes an item, there is no page that asks author to explain the reason (even a drop-down menu selection can help). If an author deletes because of copyright infringement (may happen coincidentally too) and want to inform the same honestly towards buyers, there is no such way.

The worst thing is even if Envato deletes an item due to copyright infringement, the reason isn’t explained in the buyer’s download page. Contacting support is fine but these practices sounds Envato doesn’t cares anything about buyer’s position of living with risky content/item.

So what all these sumesup is, the entire marketplace item’s credibility solely sits with authors – not with Envato. Marketplace system should offer some basic help to improve this part.

13 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
dreamade says

Hi, because of the files removed, and i lost the purchased theme files (i know this is my fault), i’m deeply sorry :(

I believe that, there must be a notifying message something like : “Item you bought will be deleted in 24 hours from themeforest”

Now i spent my 80$ to ‘nothing’.

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
dreamade says

Not sure if you aware, but when someone deletes an item, there is no page that asks author to explain the reason (even a drop-down menu selection can help). If an author deletes because of copyright infringement (may happen coincidentally too) and want to inform the same honestly towards buyers, there is no such way.

The worst thing is even if Envato deletes an item due to copyright infringement, the reason isn’t explained in the buyer’s download page. Contacting support is fine but these practices sounds Envato doesn’t cares anything about buyer’s position of living with risky content/item.

So what all these sumesup is, the entire marketplace item’s credibility solely sits with authors – not with Envato. Marketplace system should offer some basic help to improve this part.

Totally agree !

512 posts
AlexFjord says

I am 99% sure it comes down to the same thing as the lack of compulsory support for files.

It is a legal thing. TF is just a marketplace. Authors choose to upload their files voluntarily and therefore TF has zero copyright or legal ownership of the files. With this in mind they must respect authors’ privacy and right to remove files for whatever reason at anytime.

Yes it is unfortunate and frustrating for buyers but in author and TF defense it is all in the T&Cs and they even pop up a reminder to download immediately after purchase. Unfortunately it is exactly the same with other online marketplaces such as iTunes and GooglePlay; even offline too.
Hopefully anyone who has purchased any item removed can get the help they need.

5544 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Hi, because of the files removed, and i lost the purchased theme files (i know this is my fault), i’m deeply sorry :(

This is different case. You can request refund through support as you didn’t download the item yet.

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
dreamade says

This is different case. You can request refund through support as you didn’t download the item yet.

Oh no, i downloaded it one time. But i lost it (my hdd broken).

5544 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Also remember that since the item itself is not available for download, there is no guarantee if the item is really legit enough to use. So better contact the Envato support or author to makes sure. As a buyer of item and having license in hand, you may get the file directly through author – in case author doesn’t have problems doing so.

by
by
by
by
by
by