2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
medicpugh says

I went to look for an update for the Crucio Wordpress Theme and it disappeared…what gives?

407 posts
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

TF is just a marketplace and the authors have the right to remove the files as and when they please. You can try emailing the author if you have their details in the theme documentation. Good luck

2 posts
medicpugh says

Yikes… okay, thanks

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
newo1t says

Yikes… okay, thanks

Crucio have been deleted to Themeforest and the support forum of ThemeFusion. Do you have any information about this ?

585 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says

As said above – TF is a marketplace. It has no ownership of the files for sale here.

Any author may remove a file at any time they wish and without giving a reason. There could be many causes but we must respect the authors decision to do so and their privacy concerning why.

If you have any further issues you can try to contact TF support.

Hope that helps

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
jbergmeier says

What can you do after you have tried to contact this author and they don’t get back to you? I am really disappointed that after only having the theme for two months it is no longer going to have any updates or support. They advertised that it is IE8 compatible and it is not. I never would have bought it had I known it was not.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
bjbest says

Was there a version higher than 1.1. I’ve also been left high and dry. I understand this is only a marketplace but if a developer leaves there should be a mechanism to at least grab the last supported file.

If there was an automated way to let me know by email when a previously purchased theme is updated I would be able to keep all my themes up-to-date much better. (I do buy quite a lot on here).

585 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says

Both the ideas about grabbing the last version and auto emails when updates are there have been suggested and I believe looked into before.

While the auto email on updates is possible (though still not straight forward) the issue remains as pointed out this is a marketplace and TF do not own any rights to any of the files. So if an author chooses to remove a file then TF has no right to keep any version or copy to be available to a previous buyers.

I am sure support are aware that a solution would be good but just as with support for themes and refunds etc it is awkward for Envato due to the legal nature of the site.

That all said if this theme was by ThemeFusion they are an Elite author so although not in any way obliged to, I would be surprised if they do not at least reply to queries.

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi guys, indeed, the Crucio WordPress theme is currently not for sale on ThemeForest. Here’s a link to the author’s profile, where, as mentioned above, you can get in touch, and ask where the theme stands.

As for theme update notifications, some great suggestions have been presented, and it’s only a matter of time until a safe, efficient and reliable solution is finally implemented, for everyone’s benefit.

At the moment, authors have their own workaround, varying from sending out newsletters, updating their item profile, item thumbnail (seen in the Downloads page), to announcing it through social media networks and personal websites.

As each author has his/her own approach, be sure to check their marketplace profiles to see what medium best fits your needs to stay updated. If you’re unsure, simply contact them asking what the best way is, they’ll be glad you did. Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by