4909 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

hey agent, please dont take this negatively. Digital Science is one of the best, and most successful authors on Flashden. Many people that have been here for a while, have a lot of respect for him. He has clearly stated many times that he is an extremely busy person. So much so, that if you were to take a look at his member profile, he doesnt even accept freelance work. I may be right in saying he is possibly the only author that does not accept freelance work just because of his massive, current workload. Plus hes one of the highest selling authors on here. Apparently people love his work, you must have as well, you bought it. But you dont know how to use it.

I can understand your frustration because you dont know how to use it or have a few questions…I have had the same experience in the past. But no where in the FD author agreement does it say that an author MUST respond to support questions. He is not obligated to help you, and I’m sure hes not ignoring you to be a dick, hes probably busy. If dont buy his files, and you got nothing to worry about. You need to realize that what you just bought from him for 5$ – 15$ would have cost you MUCH more if you hired someone to make it…I have seen custom video players, similar to bobocel’s great video player line that sell for $2,000 before. So please take this into consideration before you start bashing one of the FD hall of fame authors, just because you spent 4 bucks, he only saw $1 of it, and doesnt want to spend 2 hours of precious time walking you through it.

know what I mean?

932 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JWG says
hey agent, please dont take this negatively. Digital Science is one of the best, and most successful authors on Flashden. Many people that have been here for a while, have a lot of respect for him. He has clearly stated many times that he is an extremely busy person. So much so, that if you were to take a look at his member profile, he doesnt even accept freelance work. I may be right in saying he is possibly the only author that does not accept freelance work just because of his massive, current workload. Plus hes one of the highest selling authors on here. Apparently people love his work, you must have as well, you bought it. But you dont know how to use it.

I can understand your frustration because you dont know how to use it or have a few questions…I have had the same experience in the past. But no where in the FD author agreement does it say that an author MUST respond to support questions. He is not obligated to help you, and I’m sure hes not ignoring you to be a dick, hes probably busy. If dont buy his files, and you got nothing to worry about. You need to realize that what you just bought from him for 5$ – 15$ would have cost you MUCH more if you hired someone to make it…I have seen custom video players, similar to bobocel’s great video player line that sell for $2,000 before. So please take this into consideration before you start bashing one of the FD hall of fame authors, just because you spent 4 bucks, he only saw $1 of it, and doesnt want to spend 2 hours of precious time walking you through it.

know what I mean?

Amen!

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

We all must respect the rules… is that simple… One rule is to not use copyrighted material in our files… because that can cause serious problems to costumers, sellers and to flashden. What is there more to say?!? GQ is free to add stuff to this site but he must obey to the rules that we all respect.
play fair

3217 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says
but if he is the original author then he should be able to sell it anywhere….

Of course he was allowed to sell it anywhere, as long as he did not opt in to the exclusive program (which is a common agreement on stock sites). But he didn’t. He knowingly chose to agree that in exchange for a bigger commission he would only sell those files that he uploaded to FD on FD.

You have to play by the rules wherever you are. Otherwise you can get busted cheating, and when that happens, well you get the boot.

As for your second point.. Please indulge yourself and go to another stock site, purchase something and see if you can get a hold of an author to ask questions. Now if you CAN get an email off to that author, multiply yourself by a hundred times or so. If you were that author in question and you had a job and a family, (don’t assume Flashden authors live off the site and do it full time) do you think you’d be able to get to everyone all the time?

Esteemed buyers, we try hard to get to all your legitimate claims and queries. The thing is, the more successful you make us, the harder we have to work to keep up with servicing your questions and concerns. We are all human too, and when you’ve got 50-200 new mails in your inbox every week from people who want you to deal with a product that in theory is sold “as is”, it’s regrettably impossible to accommodate everybody in a timely manner all of the time, even if we want to in a perfect world.

That’s why you can’t contact authors the same way on the majority of other stock sites.

After sales service here is a privilege we CHOOSE to offer you when we are able and willing to help you to figure your stuff out, it’s not a right that is owed to buyers.

I don’t doubt it’s true GQ was responding excellently to his buyers, but the bottom line he wasn’t playing by the rules here, likely knowingly.

So it’s a shame for the buyers who appreciated his service, but at the end of the day, pardon my language here, you don’t sh1t on the place where you eat.

I hope that makes some sense…

Thank you all for your understanding, on behalf of all the authors here.

915 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
michaelhejja says
i dont know what to think about your contract on exclusivity….but if he is the original author then he should be able to sell it anywhere….

You get a higher percentage of the profit if you agree that files you put on FlashDen will be sold only on FlashDen. You don’t have to go exclusive, but you’re cheating the system by saying you are to get a higher percentage, then selling files elsewhere.

1092 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
+7 more
Reconcept says
half the world does not even have copyright laws. i think. I heard in Europe none of that exists. maybe things have changed though

Total nonsense. There are Europe-wide laws on that. Lots of them :)

3868 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says
but if he is the original author then he should be able to sell it anywhere….
Of course he was allowed to sell it anywhere, as long as he did not opt in to the exclusive program (which is a common agreement on stock sites). But he didn’t. He knowingly chose to agree that in exchange for a bigger commission he would only sell those files that he uploaded to FD on FD. You have to play by the rules wherever you are. Otherwise you can get busted cheating, and when that happens, well you get the boot. As for your second point.. Please indulge yourself and go to another stock site, purchase something and see if you can get a hold of an author to ask questions. Now if you CAN get an email off to that author, multiply yourself by a hundred times or so. If you were that author in question and you had a job and a family, (don’t assume Flashden authors live off the site and do it full time) do you think you’d be able to get to everyone all the time? Esteemed buyers, we try hard to get to all your legitimate claims and queries. The thing is, the more successful you make us, the harder we have to work to keep up with servicing your questions and concerns. We are all human too, and when you’ve got 50-200 new mails in your inbox every week from people who want you to deal with a product that in theory is sold “as is”, it’s regrettably impossible to accommodate everybody in a timely manner all of the time, even if we want to in a perfect world. That’s why you can’t contact authors the same way on the majority of other stock sites. After sales service here is a privilege we CHOOSE to offer you when we are able and willing to help you to figure your stuff out, it’s not a right that is owed to buyers. I don’t doubt it’s true GQ was responding excellently to his buyers, but the bottom line he wasn’t playing by the rules here, likely knowingly. So it’s a shame for the buyers who appreciated his service, but at the end of the day, pardon my language here, you don’t sh1t on the place where you eat. I hope that makes some sense… Thank you all for your understanding, on behalf of all the authors here.

no jwg Amen to that!! i was gonna reply to this thread but you just said everything i was thinking.

jay

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
zsaint says

doesent the exclusive agreement state that an author cannot sell a file that is on flash den somewhere else? what if it is a file that is not sold on flash den. Then is it ok? if it is by the same author that is

3868 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says

of course, by agreeing to the exclusive author agreement the author is agreeing that the files themselves will be exclusive not the authors, so i can sell a file here and offer a different file on my website.

Jay

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
monophant says

That’s so unfair to say that most of the authors don’t help you guys out. I used to have the same sentiments when I was just purchasing flash files. But I had a different perspective of things when I started selling.

I try to help when I can but really after answering 12- 20 different people with questions everyday and emailing back and forth with solutions.. you’re bound to get worn out. especially if you’re swamped with client projects as well.

I believe we’re all doing what we can. We’re not obliged to help but we do. That just says so much about the members here. They’re a nice bunch of people with mad skills.

Aside from this rant.. I just like to say that this community rocks.. I’ve met so many nice peeps. Both buyers and authors. Big Ups to creativemedia / johnston for just being super supportive.

Anyways I’d also like to introduce myself since I’m starting to get real interested in the forums here.

Me name’s Casey.. I’m from the blue team and I collect stamps.. (*crowd cheers with parents in the background)..

by
by
by
by
by
by