7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
kevmel1 says

I have a site that uses WP and Shopp as the eCommerce plugin. I was trying to duplicate the site with Furniture Shop as I had used it before going to Shopp. I was trying to avoid paying the $55 plugin fee, but with the current “blackout” by the folks from Sarah Neuber Designs, what else to do?

1 post
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
juzval says

What is the lastest version right now? I was meaning to update mine when I realize it’s gone…

6 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
foxtechltd says

What is the lastest version right now? I was meaning to update mine when I realize it’s gone…
Jewelry shop v2.1 and we are running Wordpress v3.4
7 posts
  • United States
kevmel1 says

They are currently on v 2.1 From what I hear, the owner is taking a holiday from designing/supporting/etc. I liked the theme, but having to go through themeforest for upgrades (not upgrading like most WP themes) was always kind of a pain. The theme will not work with the current of WP (3.5), so you’re stuck with what level of WP you have if you want to stay w/Furniture Shop, Jewelry Shop, etc. Good Luck !

5 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
Luismruiz says

I was just about to make changes to a client who purchased the theme and is still on version 1.1. I might just purchase and deploy another theme for them. Like everyone here, I spent many hours customizing the theme to my client’s branding specifications, but I am more concerned with their business to be successful by providing updated themes and new features. Besides, e-commerce themes have exploded in here, a lot more now with far superior features than a year ago, HTML5, CSS3, responsive and so on. It was good while it lasted, time to move on!

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • New Zealand
liquidbeats says

Has anyone had any experience in moving over to a new theme, like many others here I have spent many hours getting my site loaded with product etc – what other theme options are going to be the easiest to move to?

7 posts
  • United States
kevmel1 says

I have a site that we started w/Shopp: www.crystallakeroasting.com It does updates automatically via WP admin (unlike all the themes in Themeforest). The products are listed as products (not posts) and you can do a lot customization with it. I would do a lot of reading and researching on their site, look at their showcase listing, and send emails to the contact info on the sites and get some opinions. There are some European sites that uses Shopp. www.shoppplugin.net Kevin

3 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
wildrays says

I initially used the Jewelry Shop theme for a client site, but then switched it over to WooCommerce and Propulsion from Kriesi. Long story short: despite the additional work, it was a good decision and WooCommerce with a good integrated theme is a better solution (in my opinion).

Brian

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
MartinP75 says

Like wildrays I switched to WooCommerce. It’s easier for me because all of our items are handcrafted we don’t have a large inventory. However I really would recommend moving to something stable. Wordpress changes too much for you not to be using a well supported eCommerce solution.

The only drawn out process is changing products from posts to “products” there be be plugins or scripts out there but in the end having only 40 items I found it easier to simply copy and paste them into the new format

17 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
rayflores says

I have had a great amount of experience with the Neubers and their supporting cast, as I used to be one of her auxiliary team members (support providers), but since her move to not be available have moved several customers from 1.7 -> 2.0 -> 2.1 to alternative themes… mostly using woocommerce. currently I am porting over two customers to Kresi’s theme – Propulsion, and two more over to another premium theme, both using woocommerce. Anyone need anything in the regards, feel free to reach out to me.

by
by
by
by
by
by