356 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
FutureSight says

As subject says.

I have constant problems with my hosting companies and I would like to find out what hosting providers you all are using and why.

- What is good with them what is not. - Did you have any problems in the past? - How much you are paying and how long you are using that service?

Please Ladies and Gentleman to help me out to find good and reliable hosting company.

Many thanks in advance!

Raf.

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

I use godaddy but I’m a bit disappointed… :/

1034 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
mudi says

I am using http://websolpro.com/ it’s efficient and extremely cheap. 99.99% up time according to 100% up time. It has all the latest tech which web host service should have

356 posts
+4 more
FutureSight says

I use godaddy but I’m a bit disappointed… :/

I dont like godaddy as well, had a bad experience in the pas with them.

595 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
designcise says

i’ve used godaddy, mediatemple and currently using hostgator .. i don’t use it extensively, but so far the support has been alright, and hostgator is pretty cheap too .. so you might wanna give it a go if you haven’t already .. what hosting are u using right now?

3970 posts After Effects Templates
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

GoDaddy for Aedaddy ;)

32 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
andrew8088 says

Just a few weeks ago, I started using Slicehost; it’s not your average host, where you FTP up your files or tweak settings in an Admin panel: you’re basically given a Linux computer with a public IP address and you have to set everything up yourself. They provide tons of tutorials and documentation for setting it all us. So far, I’ve had no issues (other than a coincidental problem on their end when I set up the account), but I haven’t been using it long.

702 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
OhmLab says

I use a service called DreamHost and am quite pleased. MUCH beter than GoDaddy. If anyone is interested in switching, I can get discounts. ;) Feel free to contact me directly with questions.

356 posts
+4 more
FutureSight says

GoDaddy for Aedaddy ;)

godaddy – rubish daddy with crap name ;]

i’ve used godaddy, mediatemple and currently using hostgator .. i don’t use it extensively, but so far the support has been alright, and hostgator is pretty cheap too .. so you might wanna give it a go if you haven’t already .. what hosting are u using right now?

I’m using maiahost.com & ehost.pl, where the response time is reasonable then there is still a lot of other issues with them.

Maia: It took them 48h to transfer my website where I was told 24h, sometimes when you chat to them on online chat they can just ignore you and leave session. They are keep blocking my IP when I try to use FilleZilla and they couldn’t sort it out for several days. That’s why I’m asking coz I probably will have to buy another server and domain name, no1 is anymore professional in does cheap hosting services. I can’t trust anyone coz before I bought server from Maia I talk to them in details about my problems, etc. That I’m using my ftp everyday, that I’m using about 2-3gb of bandwidth a day and all was cool – till I was actually using their service.

Ehost: Polish shit hosting company claiming they are the best in country, etc… they are not. Customer service is also reasonably quick in response but all they servers got cap on everything which is joke and instructions are dated and not precise + no freebees + they are very expensive.

Than ATM I can’t access my FTM or cPanle. I can’t use my websites and I’m full of pure anger :>

510 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
pxt says

Just a few weeks ago, I started using Slicehost; it’s not your average host, where you FTP up your files or tweak settings in an Admin panel: you’re basically given a Linux computer with a public IP address and you have to set everything up yourself. They provide tons of tutorials and documentation for setting it all us. So far, I’ve had no issues (other than a coincidental problem on their end when I set up the account), but I haven’t been using it long.

+1 to using a VPS . Once you learn Linux SysAdmin, they are very powerful machines with which you can do anything you want!

by
by
by
by
by
by