872 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

As always, I am curious about the community and everyone else :)
So todays question: What inspired you to become a Web Designer / Developer?

My story:
- In grade 5 I was asked to once by my computer teacher to work on a MS Word project. I accidentally opened Front page, explored it a little.
Sometime later I came across Blogger and made my first Blog at the age of 11. (I would love to post a link to that blog, but I would love to). But I learnt web development at the age of 16 and continue to learn day by day.

Whats your story? :D

297 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Deep_Blue says

Wow you opened a blog at age 11, what was the blog about? i am curious.

1029 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I became a developer because I was always in love with Math :)

4680 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

For me I think it all started when I played Lego as a kid. With Lego it’s really up to our own imagination what to create because there are so many possibilities with all the different Lego pieces and colours. So I think that was the foundation to my creative thinking, and developing early problem solving skills. Then when the first Windows machines came out in the early 90’s with MS Paint I remember messing around drawing in pixels, and creating scenes, so it was like the Lego pieces became pixels. And then in 1998 I work shadowed at a Industrial Design company when I was about 17, and that’s when I first discovered PhotoShop, and remember having fun with all the filter effects and fell in love with digital design :)

6029 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Fate :P

872 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Wow you opened a blog at age 11, what was the blog about? i am curious.

I wish I could post the link here. But just to describe it a little. I was young, and had no clue what blogging really was. So I used to post jokes in there, some of which were quite lame :P

2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Well

I like making things move. I think animation was my first love. I can remember getting a little book with blank pages and i would draw a stick figure on each page with a different pose “animating with frames” hehe. Kept on adding stuff to the pages like a bouncing ball and a bird flying over the stick figure. It was fun creating something from scratch and when you flip throught the pages the little stick figure started moving. I thought that was the bomb.

And from then on i loved making things move on either paper, 3D, flash, javascript, css anything that can animate. This is why i suck at PHP cus it never interested me. But man if i knew how popular wordpress’s going to be, aww shish to late for that. I still suck at PHP.

Cheers

Lester

872 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Well

I like making things move. I think animation was my first love. I can remember getting a little book with blank pages and i would draw a stick figure on each page with a different pose “animating with frames” hehe. Kept on adding stuff to the pages like a bouncing ball and a bird flying over the stick figure. It was fun creating something from scratch and when you flip throught the pages the little stick figure started moving. I thought that was the bomb.

And from then on i loved making things move on either paper, 3D, flash, javascript, css anything that can animate. This is why i suck at PHP cus it never interested me. But man if i knew how popular wordpress’s going to be, aww shish to late for that. I still suck at PHP.

Cheers

Lester

In terms of animation, I too love developing because of that. Although I am not very good with javascript either :P but yes, I only love developing because it involves code to make something animate. I get bored coding on other projects that do not involve animations.

297 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Deep_Blue says

At age 12 my grandfather bought me a computer (was called MSX), that computer had Basic programming language and 2 programming books came with it, at age 13 I started learning programmig using those books trying to make games. From that point till today programming is my real passion, I am currently a web developer using PHP and I am expert in many programming languages. My second passion is graphics design.

1434 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Fate :P
;).
by
by
by
by