962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Hey everyone. I’m thinking of a good goal to set so I can start making a fairly steady income/profit off of my files on ThemeForest. What is a good goal to set? A file per month? Every two months? I’d like some input from some top authors here on ThemeForest :) Thanks!

130 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
lukk says

Sticking to your word.

629 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

Didnt have much time during the last two month but normaly I try to release about two items each month.

First a HTML Template and if I am happy with the sales a Wordpress Template based on that template.

There are people who release more, some release less, important is that you dont release anything which you are not 100% satisfied with. I would say quality > quantity any time here :)

962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
Sticking to your word.

Good communication goes both ways. Haven’t heard from you as well in a bout 2 weeks. Thought you bailed on me. With that note, I just sent you an email. Really hope we can get things moving in the right direction again!

Cheers! :)

962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
Didnt have much time during the last two month but normaly I try to release about two items each month.

First a HTML Template and if I am happy with the sales a Wordpress Template based on that template.

There are people who release more, some release less, important is that you dont release anything which you are not 100% satisfied with. I would say quality > quantity any time here :)

Thanks for your comments! And are you full-time? From the looks of that green shiny badge, I’d say so :)

256 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+5 more
der says

Be polite, professional and honest when providing support. If you help people with the issues they’re having, they will actually post a comment to let everybody know how happy they are with your product and recommend it.

@Kriesi, Congratulations with that new Badge! :D

629 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

Actually not, I am spliting my time about 50% Themeforest, 50% other stuff. I was emplyoed fulltime until december, so I guess I am a good example that one can launch a Themeforest career with little time :)

Edit: thanks der ;)

242 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ATLChris says

My goal is going to be 1 Wordpress theme a month. Right now, I am still learning as I go, but as I get better and better with the Wordpress Codex, I might try and much out 2 a month on average. We will see. This is in no way a full time for me, but defiantly nice to have some extra cash going into the savings account.

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Guys, for me is very very profitable I just need consistency. Let me tell you one example:

One normal salary here is 900,00 Venezuelan Bolivars, a Judge (Law) can have a salary of 6.000 Venezuelan Bolivars, one Car (Ford Fiesta) can cost 54.000 Venezuelan Bolivars, and so on.

Now, my normal income in ThemeForest round $800 – $1.000 per month, I sell those USD here and convert it to Venezuelan Bolivars. $1.000 is equal to 6.000 V BSF

As you may note that is a LOT :) if I were Kriesi in my country I would be RICH ! seriously $10.000 = 60.000 V BSF , I only need consistency to submit at least 2 good files per month, and I’ll live happy for my whole life doing what I love! ;)

715 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+1 more
Hy-Studio says
Guys, for me is very very profitable I just need consistency. Let me tell you one example:

One normal salary here is 900,00 Venezuelan Bolivars, a Judge (Law) can have a salary of 6.000 Venezuelan Bolivars, one Car (Ford Fiesta) can cost 54.000 Venezuelan Bolivars, and so on.

Now, my normal income in ThemeForest round $800 – $1.000 per month, I sell those USD here and convert it to Venezuelan Bolivars. $1.000 is equal to 6.000 V BSF

As you may note that is a LOT :) if I were Kriesi in my country I would be RICH ! seriously $10.000 = 60.000 V BSF , I only need consistency to submit at least 2 good files per month, and I’ll live happy for my whole life doing what I love! ;)

I’m not so lucky as you, where I live everything is expensive :(. For the moment 1€ = 1.37$.

The rent of my appartement is at 750€ (which I split with my girlfriend), my car loan 285€ each month and so on, the “normal” salary is about 1200€ here, mines about 1600€.

My first Envato redrawal, 71$ :D, this was to pay the hosting company for 1year :D

My goal is to reach a steady income of Envato that could me go half time on my day time job, so this would be like 1400USD, it’s never to late to hope :D

And later on I would likely go freelance full time!

Envato is really a good source to begin a full time freelance career ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by