9 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
clestcruz says

I have been reading the book called “Build you own wicked wordpress themes and now reached chapter 4 -Theme Frameworks. I’m still new to web designing and this chapter is a little technical for me. Is theme framework another term for ready made template? I don’t want to skim or skip this chapter just because the topic is bit technical.

Would be really thankful if someone could explain it to me in a non-technical form.

1712 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

If you’re not at the phase of developing actual wp themes, you can skip this chapter and come back. A framework is something that can help you create a WP theme faster by re-using the elements you previously programmed in the next themes. For example, you can have the same options panel in the framework and change just the options in the actual theme files. You can have your own functions for SEO, pagination, comments, filtering and all other things, which you don’t need to re-create everytime you make a new theme.

9 posts
clestcruz says

Thank you for answering. I have posted this question in several forums like sitepoint and also done my research so I can move on. Basically this framework is like a skeleton or structure of a web page that i can use to develop another theme much faster.

Instead of re-typing the codes i could just copy it. Correct me if i’m wrong but the frameworks are made by cutting the HTML page into several parts right.

For Example

HTML -

• header.php
  • index.php
  • sidebar.php
  • footer.php

I have school project right now and the objectives are to create a “Home Page”, “Inner Page” and “Contact Page” and implement it to wordpress.

158 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
greenshady says

Theme framework is a fairly broad term. Here’s a simple explanation of what it means: http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Frameworks

Generally, frameworks are for streamlining your code and cutting back on writing the same code over and over again. They also usually try to take some more complex things and simplify them.

9 posts
clestcruz says

In short a ready made structure. I google the word framework and it also means structure or skeleton.

by
by
by
by
by
by