240 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
martinjamez says

One of my item in my portfolio is in the hidden items & says Soft Disabled, i got a mail saying ‘Reason: This file has been soft disabled pending a quality review check. Envato Support will contact you with more details.’ what does it mean, if the item fail in quality review check & got rejected, do i have to repay the earnings i got for that item? (sorry for bad english)

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi Martin, this article from the Knowledgebase does a great job explaining it.

When an item is Soft Rejected it means that the review team feels that the item is almost ready to go up for sale on the marketplaces. The item just needs a couple of small changes to be accepted, and the reviewer will list them in the soft rejection notice.

Soft rejection notices are viewable through selecting the rejected image in the Hidden tab on your Author Dashboard. You can then make the changes requested and resubmit the item for review (via the Edit tab), rather than needing to upload the item from scratch all over again.

In this case, Soft Disabled means that an issue with your item has been discovered, therefore it has been temporarily hidden. You’ll soon be contacted with further details.

This can sometimes happen when existing items need minor changes/updates, and if that’s the case, all you have to do is follow the reviewers notes and resubmit the item for review as explained above.

If you have any additional questions please let us know. Good luck.

1032 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

No worries, you don’t need to repay anything ;) They sometimes check items if someone complains about it to support, and it’s then disabled, they will probably send you email with info what’s wrong with your item. Happened to me once when someone made direct complain to Envato support (instead of writing in my comments section or support forum) that some of Google Fonts listed in options don’t work with my theme… seems like a strange reason to disable item, but that happens

1373 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Means: Hope fore the best, but prepare for the worst…

240 posts
+2 more
martinjamez says

Means: Hope fore the best, but prepare for the worst…

+1

240 posts
+2 more
martinjamez says

How long would it take them to contact me? The item has been disabled now for 5 days, Is this time delay normal? or do i have to contact the support team?

231 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Alisiya says

This is completely normal. Patience and with you will contact. Good luck! :)

474 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
UKFilmFestivals says

I have had the same thing happen.

One person was complaining that it slowed their site down by making it the same speed as it was before, but I have had many comments saying that it did the job perfectly and sped up their site.

So one complaint from this seems strange, especially as there was no message from Envato to tell me this had happened and I have been pushing the item, only to be told it didn’t exist.

Maybe it would be better if those who had already purchased it would still have access to it and find some better way to deal with it, rather than just making it disappear with no word.

I understand that Envato want everything on the network to be a great quality, butt his is an item with 73 sales an 8 five stars (with no 1, 2, 3 or 4 stars).

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

It is strange, what happens if you have it linked from multiple srcs outside of envato. All of sudden your also being thrown bad links. Hope you get it sorted. Hopefully you havent got it linked to an adsense block

474 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
UKFilmFestivals says

It isn’t in Adsense luckily.

I understand that Envato need to be assured of quality, but the item update was approved within the same hour that it was soft disabled, so it must have been checked.

I’ll just have to see what happens with it, and mellow out. Maybe go outside where we actually have some sun and remember what outside feels like :)

by
by
by
by
by
by