4 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
chekhov says

Hi everyone!

I’ve been scouring designs for weeks now, and I’m trying to find something relatively new & definitely different.

For example, http://activatedrinks.com/#/innovation

That website has been around for a while, and slightly different (and worse) than when it first came out.

There used to also be one (that has been changed) that was in German or something similar if memory servers correctly, and it was a design where as when yous scrolled, it felt as if you were moving down streets.

I understand it’s very hard to do a one size fits all with these designs, and I mean no disrespect to the current html5 templates available.

I was just wondering if someone had a couple of links to newer & “more exciting” (forgive me for a lack of a better phrase) html5 designs that they’d seen lately.

A lot of the html5/CSS3 designs seem to start to look alike for me on here after a while of searching. That could be from exhaustion hehe.

Nonetheless, if you’ve come across an amazing template lately…please, let me know!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read & hopefully respond!

3072 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

That site uses the “parallax effect” in design. Nothing new. Cool about it is the artwork, because they had good graphic designers to fill the content. Never forget about those guys. Without them, any HTML5 template or script will not look as good. :)

4 posts
chekhov says

Hey, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have clarified better.

When I said newer, I meant newer designs that stray away from the standard template we see here on themeforest. Not the parallax effect itself. I guess what I’m searching for is something that you look at & do a quick double-take & say “WOW!”.

I know this will vary from person-to-person, but I’m just looking for something that makes me feel like I just went from windows 3.1 to windows 8. Hopefully that will make sense :-p

It’s a bit hard to explain exactly what I’m looking for because I haven’t really found it…yet! :-D

But yes, I would love to have a great utilization of the parallax effect as well, but in a way that is unique. Or, at least appears unique.

I’m more indecisive right now than my wife hehe

175 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemePrince says

Hello! Check out my themes like Empire II, Maximalist or EyeCandy. I’m always trying to bring something fancy, new and unique to the table.

Also let me know if you found the best template, I wanna see it too! :)

4 posts
chekhov says

Hey, thanks for the reply! I will do so as soon as I get back home & I’ll post back here.

117 posts A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bulgaria
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
bilbo_b says

Hey chekhov, you should keep an eye for my upcoming theme (currently waiting approval). You will find it really interesting ;)

4 posts
chekhov says

Will be sure to do so! Thanks for the reply.

I’ve never really used the forums, or any forum, but I’ve gotta say that the Envato community as a whole seems pretty quick to offer advice & assistance.

Well done

by
by
by
by
by
by