284 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
mr_Necturus says

What is the first time you enter Envato marketplace portal?

I with my friend was making our game demo. We need music to be played in the level. So he told me about Envato audiojungel portal. I pretty fast found nice music loop and we bought it (he bought, actually because he had profile here already:) ). After a month I was uploaded my first item to graphicriver. :)

303 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Laith says

i was reading an article about “sell your files by your self and don’t upload them to envato marketplace because of their 40% percentage” :p loool so I did not know envato marketplace at that moment i made some googling to discover what it is :p and i found my sole mate.

371 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
ibib says

I found it by mistake – I’ve stumbled upon it :D A file from GR was in the StumbleUpon database ( I don’t remember what file and from what user ) and I become interested in GR. Having already some files prepared on my hard-drive I thought I should give it a chance. And after a couple of days I had my first business-card template up & selling on GraphicRiver.

193 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says

I knew about ActiveDen (FlashDen, back in the day) and the whole shebang via the tuts+ sites, but only when GraphicRiver showed up I became author.

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

I anyhow came across Flashden via Google in the year 2007 I think… it was very young then with like 50’000 members

and now we’re on 299’190 MEMBERS …. DUDE ! :D

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

It was one week ago and now I feel I really found a great place!! A huge amount of people loving graphic and web design..great!! May be it was GR that found me :-D in any case it’s a great Christmas present to find this place!!

1125 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

I found about Envato’s marketplaces after I took part on the PSDTUTS Contest “Design an AudioJungle Wallpaper!” with my design of a cassette in a nature background (I was one of the runnerups.)

I dicovered then that Envato had such marketplaces, I joined Audiojungle… but somehow forgot about the whole thing…. It was months later, when Graphic River went live that I came back and started selling stuff.

962 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

I came across it once before looking for free flash templates long ago, and it was flashden where I saw that you had to pay for all of the files, so I simply hit the back button. About a a year later I found PSD Tuts and was doing all of the Photoshop tuts each time a new tutorial came out. At the top of the page I saw that little drop down menu and saw the marketplaces list where I recognized the flashden name. I then saw ThemeForest on the list and it said buy and sell website themes or something similar to that, so I clicked on it, read around on how it works, and then saw a file my brother needed for his site redesign and so I bought it for only $8. A month went buy before I realized, “Hey I can sell my designs there too!” so I then quickly became an author thinking I would make a ton of money. After about four months my first file was approved which in fact was a PHP script. Then another PHP script, and then finally my first HTML file. I am very happy I found ThemeForest and all these marketplaces in fact. I learned so much being a member, reading through the forums, buying other files and tearing them apart to see how they work. I’m very glad I’m now a successful author here on the Envato Marketplaces. Thanks everyone! More great files yet to come!

62 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
bthanki says
I found out about Envato Marketplace via Nettuts.

I was always quite sociable with developers and designers who i’d come across online, one day I was talking to a friend about design inspiration and I should go about tackling designer block, he recommended moving away from design for a while and going to sites such as css tricks and Nettuts and consider becoming a developer, I was quite confused about these sites that he had recommended as I was not familiar with them.

I blanked it out of my mind for about a month while I learnt HTML /CSS and then I found I was bored so again I consulted my friend and he said “Remember Nettuts?” I then took notice and lurked the tuts+ network for a long period of time until I thought it was appropriate to explore the whole of Envato which was a big shock.

I learnt all about freelanceswitch etc. and then I saw the communties within them and thought “I should atleast join one.” so here I am today and as you see I opted for Themeforest as the community I chose. ;)

380 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
celtathemes says

I also found Themeforest via Nettuts.

by
by
by
by